Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I don't even know what Bass I want anymore

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by johnm0187, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Currently, I have no money, but I know around christmas time I'm going to want a new bass. Right now, I have a spector Q5, a Dean ABG, and a Warwick Corvette fretless. I will sell the spector to have money to support this bass. I'd like to spend less than $1000.

Tone wise, I love the tone of the bass player for Modest Mouse. I also like the tone of Geddy Lee and tim Commerford. I know the tone isn't all the bass, but I just need something versatile. I love Victor Wooten's slap tone, which again I know is going to be difficult to achieve. I will most likely need active electronics for this (maybe?).

I have definently narrowed it down to 4 strings because I really don't use the 5th string enough to use it.

In my band, I play alternative (think Dave Matthews) and a little rock and some funk.

I really don't have any idea of what type of bass will fit this, so I'm open to any suggestionsin this price range.

Thanks
    John

2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    save a little more and get a Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe or get it used in ebay.

3. I was thinking about that one, and I do plan on buying used and I have no problem with ebay.