1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I don't get Greek people...they keep on messing with me

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by crow01, Oct 5, 2010.

1. crow01

crow01

Sep 1, 2008
    chicago
    The handyman comes and does an awful job fixing a sink in the bathroom. Then I tell him he left everything dirty, says that's not his job.

The painter comes and does an awful job painting, didn't tape and painted some of the floor. I tell him and said I didn't ask him to tape and that he didn't paint the floor.

I got a sofa picked up and delivered. I saw it being picked up and when they drop it off there is a muddy footprint on the sofa. Mover says he didn't do it.

Landlord has a faucet replaced as it was leaking, and argues why I didn't tell him. Is not like I get underneath on my free time to see if a sink leaks. Replaces faucet, obviously doesn't clean the mess after replacing it. Comes back a month later and tells me to give him an Oring or some part of the old faucet (that he was going to trash anyways) so he can sell it.

Coincidentally, the handyman, painter, mover, landlord are all Greeks.

I heard on the news that Greece is broke...Now I wonder why.

We are not in Greece though so what is up with their attitude?

I like Greek food but I am starting not to like at all Greek people.

2. Sure, but they invented geometry, philosophy, and the olympics. I say cut 'em some slack.

3. funkydjembe

funkydjembe

Apr 5, 2007
    Norway
    I think about that too once in a while,,,makes me wonder why the center of science isn't there in Greece? Maybe the Greeks of today are imposters?

4. Petros Papadakis is pretty funny

5. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

Jun 29, 2009
    Carol Stream, IL
    I guess in the long run, the Greeks don't want no freaks.

6. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    I just searched for 'famous Greek bassist' to straighten the score.... top result is a Lobster dish?

7. DreadRaver

DreadRaver

Nov 19, 2008
    Associate of Cusack Music / Mojo Hand FX
    Are they Greeks as in were born in Greece, or are they Chicagoans of Greek descent?

'Cause I suspect you might find some Chicagoans of Irish Descent to be just as crusty.

8. Hi.

The olympics are geografically accurate obviously, but the sciences come from a region one would never guess based on that regions inhabitants current activities.

Regards
    Sam

9. DreadRaver

DreadRaver

Nov 19, 2008
    Associate of Cusack Music / Mojo Hand FX
    The Sumerians, I presume?

10. I know of a very nice Greek(ancestrally)family & lots of non-Greek morons. I also fancy hummus & pita bread.

11. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Yeah, that guy cracks me up. I know he played football, but he sounds like he should be telling bad jokes at a local comedy club.

12. funkydjembe

funkydjembe

Apr 5, 2007
    Norway
    I always thought that the Greeks made the best pizza in the world (at least in San Francisco),, but I never heard of them being good artisans