I don't get sick often...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tplyons, Sep 17, 2006.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    ...but when I do, it kicks my butt! I'm currently spitting in a bucket because my throat is extremely swollen, swallowing really hurts, no matter whether its meat, ramen, or apple juice. I looked in a mirror and I have a brain growing on my tonsils. It's BAD!

Make matters worse, I went to the health center on Friday morning. They diagnosed me with an ear infection. Persribed me antibiotics and called them into the wrong pharmacy, so I spent two days tracking down which CVS they called it into, and picked 'em up today.

But that's after I diagnosed my own problem... 99% sure it's tonsilitis. I have a brain growing on my tonsils, swelling, and at least a dozen other symptoms.

I'm back to the health center tomorrow for another examination, insist that they swab to check for tonsilitis and see where it goes from there.

But until then, my diet consists of ramen and beans, milk and apple juice, and a Rockstar energy drink every day.

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I've started a collection of Rockstar Energy drinks. It's good!

Anyway, i'm the same way. Not as bad, but my gland (my right one) is HUGE. I don't feel sick, but man I can tell it'll hit me.

Maybe it's the rock star?

-Mark

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Rockstar? Nah. I love that stuff. One a day since the beginning of Summer, if anything, it's the fact that I'm in college now and can't afford the $2.00 a can a day.

4. Mark Wilson

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    What?! How much is it there? It's 2.00 here.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    $2.00 a can. Unless I buy the 4 packs, then it's 1.75 a can.

I used to drink one a day when I woke up at 6:30 for work at 7. Now that I don't wake up til 8:30 for classes, I don't need 'em every day.

6. Mark Wilson

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    I don't have one a day anymore. I'm back on Coke Zero now. :bawl:

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yeah, I completely cut soda out of my diet except for a half glass at meals to help the food down. I've been losing weight and sleeping better ever since.

Rockstar is the closest thing I get to it.

8. Mole

Mole

Jul 7, 2005
    I just looked on wikipedia about tonsilitis... they have a picture of it. That's really nasty looking. Is that what yours look like?

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  10. Mole

Mole

Jul 7, 2005
    Yikes, that's still pretty nasty.

Do you get tonsilitis often? If so, maybe they'll get 'em out of there and you won't ever get it again. :D Though I hear they don't actually give you ice cream afterwards. :(

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Never had it before. Still not 100% I have it now. Going to get swabbed/tested tomorrow morning, even if I have to threaten to cough on them.

12. Mole

Mole

Jul 7, 2005
    Man I hate getting swabbed. I don't know which is worse between mouth and nose. Nose burns but mouth makes you gag reeeally big and is just plain uncomfortable.

13. Mark Wilson

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    I've never had my nose swabbed.

14. Mole

Mole

Jul 7, 2005
    It burns.

15. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Ever been awake when they shove a tube up your nose to get to your stomach?

Swabbing will be a breeze.

16. Mole

Mole

Jul 7, 2005
    Holy crap. Why did they do that? (Wow, I just had to be told to wait 3 seconds to post again. Never had that happen to me before.)

17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, in my last bout of being misdiagnosed multiple times, I finally self diagnosed myself with an esophogeal disorder called achalasia, a rare disorder, especially at my age.

They needed to test the pressure at points in my esophagus to check it, and boy was I awake for that.

BTW, the post timer catches me all the time, I'm a quick typer.

18. Mark Wilson

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    That's what iw as going to post!

I've had it about 20 times in a row.

19. Mark Wilson

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    And, even though it's the wrong end, i've heard an enema can be slightly relieving.

-Mark

20. Mole

Mole

Jul 7, 2005
    Heh, it'll probably have happened to me more often by the time I have over 10,000 posts. But that'll be tough. I refuse to post anywhere except Off Topic. Only other place I've posted is Misc because the thread I posted in was in off topic but got moved but I didn't know so I responded and then I realized it was in Misc and I became sad and considered deleted the post but then didn't. :meh:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021