I don't know how to tell you guys this...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Jul 10, 2004.

1. So I guess I'll just let the picture explain it for me...
  2. You're a guitar player who decided to buy some basses???

You go, pimp!!! :) Bass is

much easier

than guitar, am told. :hyper:
  3. Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    I don't know what to say....literally, I don't know what to say... :)
  4. In my current band, I play keyboards half the time and bass half the time.

Playing another instrument does not mean that you are any less of a bassist ;) .
  5. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    How is that SX SST Fat?

I want one.
  6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I know - they're all glued together into a megatar!
  7. SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    You caught your guitar giving your basses a hug!
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

Had it for a while, but it needs new strings, a high E saddle, and the pickup jack came unsoldered. So, about $30 or so, it'll be up and running.

And a good wiping down/cleaning. Never got around to it, since I'm not playing it, due reasons outlined above. However, I did get it for free, so I think I'm willing to deal.
  9. I myself just recently bought a g**tar as well. A Jackson DXMG. Jackson makes some of the best guitars IMO. Only bad thing is, they sold to Fender, even when Dave Mustaine offered the company twice and much money to buy the rights. Hopefully Fender won't screw them up...
  10. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Well, I was playing this tonite...
  11. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Nope. I think he's trying to tell us he buy instruments with terrible colour schemes (except the blue one - he's OK) :)
  12. That picture looks like something you would see in an "instrumental" adult film. Think of the guitar as a lady and the basses as guys. Then if you think of it that way, all of a sudden you feel pity for the short scale.
  13. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Timmy fall in the well again?
  14. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    *shudder* Turn off the Spice channel, man. Just turn it off.

I like the little guy -- or lady, according to Ignite the Bomb -- looks really cool. It's on my agenda to get a Fender FMT Tele in the next year and a half. Until then I'll have to deal with a six year old, extremely well played and poorly maintained Peavey Raptor I that goes out of tune after three notes are played.
  15. [​IMG]

I confess, I too have ont hose weird guitars. It's very convenient for multi-tracking and writing songs. Unfortunately, I can't play it very well yet
  16. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    dees-that is a vary cool Les paul. One question is hard to play sitting down? People told me that the necks are to wide for playing sitting down.
  17. It plays very well, wether you play it while sitting down or standing up, it balances perfectly :D At first, I was a bit afraid that it would suffer from neck dive, but nope, balances perfectly. And it's not expensive, Epiphone, plays great, sounds great
  18. I played guitar before I picked up bass...here is my '98 Squier Strat I got for $40 from my friend's bro.

19. I am having to write songs on the guitar for my current band. Both current guitarists are young and need a little pushing. I am finding that if I take some pieces over I have been working on, that they will take the material and run. They have decent ears, but they sure do need coaxing to work on new original material. Their knowledge of chords is not very good either. If it is not a major or minor chord, I have to teach them the guitar chords.

The way I see it, playing both helps to broaden your horizons. Also, I am learning that the theory I have picked up since learning the bass has made me a better guitarist. It has also strengthened my fingers, so I can wank a little better.