i dont know if you guys have seen this before

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by mahrous, Mar 10, 2006.

1. mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
  2. Now THAT is cool! And is that bass player David Karns?
  3. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL

lol yea... this same video has been posted probably like 10 times around the forum. it's still cool. i think it's called a Mikey bass or something.
  4. yeah... theres a thread on the first page of the bass guitar section now, not to mention ive seen at least five others...

kinda getting annoying..

but cool none the less
  5. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    This is gonna drive me to drink...

6. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I'm getting to the point where when I see a thread title like that and then a google video link, I'm actually disapointed when it takes me to a video other than the Fretted/Fretless swicher...

Jauqo had me going tho. I was like "C'mon man, where have you been????" Hook-Line-Sinker!!!!

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  8. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
  9. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

Made in Toronto. I think they sell for around $8000 Can. I actually talked to the guy on the phone about trying one out for a review on TB, but he said no. And, if I wanted to check one out, to meet him at the Vic Wooten show that passed this fall in Toronto. Unfortunately I didn't have tickets to go, and I don't think if I was going to a Wooten show, I'd be waiting around to meet this guy instead of checking out Victor's shredding.

On a side note:

I wonder if their would be setup/intonation/action issues with the bass? I thought that fretless nuts were cut differently? Maybe a luthier could elaborate a bit on what problems could arise from such a bass.
  10. Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Use a zero fret.