Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slapnuts, Sep 17, 2005.

1. slapnuts

Aug 9, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    Hey guys.

Need your help. I just bought a Ernie Ball Music Man HD-515 that they said is about five years old for 325 after tax. That would be 310 without. U.S. dollars, if you want more info. It is 600 watts, 2x12, and has 8 ohms. (Is that how you spell it?) Now, I have about 145, so here is my question. Should I keep it, or should I return it? If I return it, should I get a different cab or a new head, which I need as mine is only 150 watts? (I know, ONLY 150, but I stole it, it was like 50 bucks.) I can get a new head in six months, but what should I do now. I know this thing will be sold if I return, as it is near minty conditiony. Oh yeah, the cab is Audiophile construction, and the head is a Kustom III bass head, which I used to love but now I hate because it is now screwing up big time on me. It has 2 channels with a high or low plug on each. Only low on second channel works. I also have a cab, a 16 ohm 200 watt Ampeg 4x12, GUITAR cab that is. I am trying to sell it, and have a potential buyer at 325 and a for sure buyer (First come first serve, but price always rules all.) for 300. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO? Just tell me if You need anymore info. There may be some details I missed. Oh yeah, and if anyone has found like a pdf format owners manual of any of the three pieces of gear that I mentioned, can they tell me? I don't really want to explain why.
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Keep the EB cab, do not return it. Use the Kustom until you sell the guitar cab, and save up some more cash. Keep the old Kustom as a backup or practice amp.

While you are waiting for a couple months, start researching now the amps you might be interested in. Start hitting up the music stores around you to get your hands and ears on as many amps as you can. If you do so, you should be able to make a well informed decision on which amp to purchase when that time comes.

3. Definitely good advice. Id do the same.
  4. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I'd keep the EB cabinet, a great pro cab and you won't find anything better for that price.
  5. slapnuts

Aug 9, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    WOA! You would classify that monster as a pro cab! Well, I guess it could be. With that small head it already shakes the house and we've gotten a couple calls from the neighbors.