I don't know whether my bass is gonna breakin the future because of this. Please help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Tapiwa Shoko, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Tapiwa Shoko

Tapiwa Shoko

Jul 13, 2017
    Hey bass fam, am a bit scared about what I'm seeing on my bass and I hope y'all can help me. My yamaha trb 6ii Has a small bump on its neck(circled in green) which is not visible but you can feel it and somehow I get the feeling its one of the truss rod(dual truss rod), some guy tampered with my neck and thats what has happened , i personally had to loosen and it gave a relief sound like it was tied super hard. Am fearing that this bump could later split open ☹️☹️ but so far it doesn't look like it could open up. Please help with some solutions

Attached Files:

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    At this point about all you can do is keep monitoring it and watch for a crack. If it does crack, loosen the truss rod and address the crack immediately. Waiting to repair a crack just allows dust and dirt in the crack so it becomes more apparent.

RSBBass likes this.
  3. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Independent Instrument Technician
    And it makes the repair more difficult to do. Unless the dirt is cleaned out any repair is likely to fail.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2022