Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i don't like warwick strings on a jazzman

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Sahbiot, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Sahbiot

Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    Hi mateys

I have a problem with these black label warwick strings being too bright and high making too much of a trebly sound through the amp. This created alot of noise especially when sliding you can hear it so loudly. I have never experiemented on strings before and would like some advise on a nice set of strings that will give me good low end for rock, and not to harsh on the fingers with a quick action feel.

2. I switched from Warwick Black Labels on my Streamer to Elixir PolyWebs.

Less trebly.
    Very Smooth Slides with NO String noise.
    Super quick feel.
    Easy on your fingers and the fretboard.

Give 'em a try.

[​IMG]

3. Sahbiot

Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    Thanks mate I'll give them a try and I hope they sell them in sydney australia. Can you get those in Tappered style? cause i hear that some strings have problems fitting into the saddle slots on the bridge.

4. 5 String Warwick, heh?

I've got a 4.

No. I don't think Elixir's are available with a tapered B.

However, the B string bridge saddle isn't really a problem. It's the B string anchor.

Check it out. I've seen plenty of 5 string Warwicks with Elixir's so they must fit.

5. Sahbiot

Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    Yeah sure, i'll try anything out. These warwick strings don't seem to feel right. Do you think the Elixirs will last long?

Im also gonna try out DR fatbeams when im done with the Elixirs.

Mate a Set of strings will cost me an arm and a leg.

6. Yeah, the Elixir's last me a long, long time.