Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I don't normally like Jacko but...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by AltIII, Mar 31, 2003.

1. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    I'm not a Micheal Jackson fan, to say the least. But I do like the song "Ben". Despite (or maybe even because) the fact that it's written about a rat, it's really a touching ballad about friendship. I got the vapors when I actually sat down and listened to it.

Anyways, has anyone else ever really liked a song, even though it's by an artist that you would never listen to?
    p.s.- I don't wanna hear a million post about Kid Rock's new song, just because I've heard every other person mention that song.

2. What new Kid Rock Song?

:bassist:

3. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    [​IMG]

4. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    well I understand that it's music related, but I thought I should post in here because it's not exactly relevent. But if the mod wishes to move, so be it. Moley, you didn't even contribute to the topic at hand in any form, what's up with that? All you did was act like an anus and chastise me for making a mistake. See, now the thread is gonna veer off course and I should've never posted at all.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well, you said it!!! :D

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :rolleyes:

oh, and many thanks to the junior mod squad. i couldn't operate without your assistance.

:rolleyes: again.

7. Bruce Lindfield

Moley should put that as his title!! ;)

"Junior Mod" .... by appt. to John Turner!! ;)

8. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    Anyways, now that we've established that I am dense in the skull for performing such a ghastly sin. Back to the topic mentioned in the OT...

9. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, i like songs regardless of who wrote them, or what they're about. shoot, one of my favorite songs for a long time was by bronski beat, topically focused on growing up homosexual, which i did not. regardless, i liked the song a lot.

the music transcends even the composers/performers sometimes, and it doesn't matter who they are.

10. Bruce Lindfield

I think you should ask Moley first...if it's OK with him? ;)

11. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    There's no need to take it so seriously!! Perhaps I shoulda used a smiley. I wasn't really trying to have a serious dig.

In response to the question, I quite like the song, and I agree with what John said about music transcending the artists, and the original subject matter.

Hey John, why are you giving me the rolleyes now?

12. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Then, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, quit sending me those photos of you!!!! :spit:

13. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ah, so he's coming out of the closet again. don't go there, girlfriend. (wags finger)

14. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I LOLed. But perhaps because of overseas turmoil and its resultant stress, it's better to use smileys early and often these days. :D :D :D

15. knight

knight

Nov 3, 2002
    Jacko only needed no strings.

16. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    This is a timely thread. My dad just sent me a pic of whats supposed to be Jacko's dog.

[​IMG]

17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Creepy...

There was a "guilty pleasures" thread a while back, but I'll play along...

"Get this party started" "Don't let me get me" - Pink

"She's all I ever had" - Ricky Martin

that's all I got for now... there's more :eek: I can't think of.

18. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    That is just sick benbass! SICK!:mad: ;)

19. Bruce Lindfield

You mean a "pre-emptive strike" !! ;)

20. I downloaded Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" the other week. I usually hate classical stuff, but while one of my classmates was doing his end of term assessment, I daydreamed a really sick murder scene with the Sonata as a backing track.

When they were cool, I listened to a lot of Spice Girls stuff.

And some of the George Michael stuff's ok too...

:bassist: Nathaniel.

PS sorry for the stupid "Kid Rock" post. I was testing to see how long I could go without being told off by the original poster and/or a mod.