Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I don't play bass anymore

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Guss, Oct 31, 2004.

1. I play GTA san andreas

2. that's sad

3. Hahahah. The title was intriguing, but when I read the message, I burst out laughing. Congrats, man! That game is the cat's pajamas.

4. yeah my bob marley bass book isn't getting much use

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I knew that game was destined to kill several brain-cells, and many many hours of young men's lives. I walked into a music store the day it came out and saw one fo the girls that's always at the counter looking through the manual as she shows me what she just bought. Ironically I did a speech on videogame violence and the effects on young adults a few days ago. :D

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Though I play it, I am worried about its affects. People are rude and nuts enough, already; this ain't gonna help. Now back to the game.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I wouldn't worry about it too much Ibanks, if people are crazy enough to do what a videogame tells them to do, they are already beyond help. The ultra violent people this game will produce will be too busy... playing the game to go on a killing spree.

Though, when GTA3 first came out, I found myself even more paranoid when I saw the cops.

8. Even more paranoid than usual, eh?

No really, you had some good points. I hadn't thought about that.

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ha, I don't have reason to fear the cops, but I always have. Mostly because I come from a town where cops like to bust teens for no good reason (they had nothing better to do). So growing up around that, I've always been freaked out by the cops.

10. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    ugg video games are a waste of time.

But the game looks cool, I was watching my neighbor play it for a few minuts when I went over to borrow some ketchup. It even has profanity in it, which rules.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    This is why I try to avoid these types of games. Although I must admit Madden 2005 had a tight grasp on my life for a few weeks.

-Mike

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I got it Friday and with how much I love GTA3 and Vice City.... I'm unimpressed. It definately *feels* more real to play it (driving, running, clubbing) but the story so far is real weak. The whole "Gang-Banging" plot bores me though... I did realise that going in. I'm not much of a prude at all... but damn does this game max out the "F bomb" quota.

I'm gonna grab "Bard's Tail" tonight... shoulda bought that one first.

13. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!!!!!?????? I KNEW IT!!!!

I'll not explain, so as not to spoil the game, but....

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!!!!!??????

14. Is that something like Leisure Suit Larry with a musician in the lead role? :bag: