1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I dunno.....

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Paul Warburton, Apr 28, 2010.

1. I only have two problems with this. He's in the key of F. The original key is Eb.
    He goes to the G minor chord and stays there.
    I woulda done the G minor for two beats and THEN gone to the Bb minor up to the Eb 7th. Also, a lotta B minor 7th b5 possibilities that he chose to ignore.
    Whatchoo think?

2. Don Higdon

Don Higdon In Memoriam

Dec 11, 1999
    Princeton Junction, NJ
    Obviously, the programmer never heard Bud Powell do this.

3. Took the words right outta my mouth. Why, on Gods green earth, if you're trying to sell a product would you settle on changes like this? The guy plays good, in tune, respects the melody all that good ****, but hasn't he ever heard of Lennie Tristano? Jeeze...........

4. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I'm sure it would make absolutely fantastic elevator music. It's technically perfect. That's coming from a trumpet player.

For music I'd actually listen to, you definitely need a soul.

5. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    With that embouchure, he'd do very well in prison.

Maybe Toyota should have spent the bucks on designing a decent accelerator pedal.

6. Whatever.
    I'm still pissed about them changes.

7. Chris Symer

Chris Symer

Dec 13, 2009
    Seattle,Wa.
    I don't know dub, I never really associated Tristano with high volume Auto sales. Another thing I'll have to go back and check out I guess.

8. Just like a bass player!

9. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    "He" listens and emotes just about as well as some other horn players I've gigged with over the years...

10. Figures they'd make him sound more like Doc Severinson Than say, Freddie Hubbard, Clifford Brown or Miles Davis just to name a few!

11. I'm sendin' 'em my changes!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

12. MLysh

MLysh

Oct 11, 2007
    MD/DC/VA
    Man, I love Chris Botti...

13. Definitely in the market for one of these( scan in a different changes).....but to have a trumpet player, perhaps even a trumpet section , that are not drunk....I know, just a wild dream.