I exchanged the GK400RB-III for Hartke 3500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by I_am_Rage, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Well i went to the store and returned the Gallien-Krueger 400Rb-III and came home with a Hartke 3500. This thing better be bad a$$. I don't feel like returning anymore items. :cool:

2. why not just test the equipment out in the store before you buy it??

3. Good luck with the new head, Rage. I hope the sound is better for you. Let us know how you like it. :)
  4. I don't like trying them out at the store cause you never have your own equipment, in a different environment, and nothing that you play is yours. So you can play it there sound amazing and then come home with it and sound like crap through your own rig. Or vice-versa. So i find it easier and more efficient to read about it, do some research, buy it, return, and move on. That may be wierd to you but I think it's a better way.

5. good point, but what i did be for i purchased my hartke 3500 i tryed it on the cab i already owned, with the bass i already owned... sooo, you know... it CAN be done

6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    a GOOD music store will let you bring in your own gear to try their stuff out. The main music store i buy from actually suggests it. If they bitch theres always others that will let you do that.

7. Seems like to much of a hassle.
  8. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    Well Rage? Is it Bad @$$?
  9. Allright, the moment you've been waiting for...the review. :rolleyes:

I set the head up to my avatar 410 and B115 and put the tube and solid state pre-amps both at 5. Then put the master at 1. Let me tell you, the bass that came out of thing just from doing that sent me to the opposite side of the room because there was so much power. :D :cool: My band members just looked at me and said "Woooohhhhh" with big bright eyes. And i just looked back at them with a face just like this -> :D.

And that was only the beginning. I started playing around with the EQ, "wow" is all i have to say. If you want a specific sound, this is what will get you it. I had my speakers pumping bass that just pounded you in the chest. So i was full of joy and was so excited about buying this miracle of a head.

And as the band starts playing our songs, my guitarist's father comes down to listen. When the song was finished he says, "The bass is way to loud." That statement made me light up in joy to. :D No one has ever told me the bass was to loud. It was music to the ears. It is so crisp and clear. I settled on the master being at about 2-3 and it is plenty loud. I also like the compressor on the head. That was on my Fender Bassman and i liked that feature a lot. But the only thing that i didn't like about the head is that there is no tuner input. That bummed me out a bit. (unless there is and i totally missed it). But i could live without it.

All in all, A++ for this head. It is like a dream. Defiantly worth the $476 with tax. I will never look back to the GK.
  10. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    Good choice, I HATE G-K stuff...
  11. Glad you found your sound, Rage! Lots of luck with the new head, and play well. Enjoy! :D