I fainted today

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AmazingGracePlayer, May 22, 2007.

1. BetterBottomEnd

BetterBottomEnd <- Not me I just like looking at her

Jan 9, 2007
    Cable Wi
    Sore. They are neither flying, nor possessing an unpleasant taste they just hurt.

2. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Somewhat a sidebar to the thread, but...

IME, receiving injections is almost as much a skill as administering them - I needed to have all my immunizations updated last year when I was working for a company that produces vaccines, and consequently got very good at making sure my arm was not sore after.

It's really only the intramuscular ones you have to be concerned about, and the main thing is to stay very relaxed. It helps when the person giving the injection is skilled as well :)

3. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    WHAT?!?!?!?! you missed food? what a crime!!! Food rocks! I wouldn't miss a meal if you paid me to!

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    You're probably thinking about me. I've been a paramedic for about a million years subjective time. That's about nineteen years objective time. Some of that was as a military medic (Navy Corpsman) a LOT of it(nine years or so) was on the streets of some sleepy little towns in north Texas, like Dallas and Arlington. (We're a tiny little community. Only a third of a million people.) For the last nine years I've worked at a childrens hospital in Ft Worth, and I quit working the street about three and a half years ago because the money just sucked. The hospital doesn't let me do nearly as much, but it pays way better.If you add the years up you go way into the future. That's because most paramedics have to have multiple jobs to pay their bills. So I've been a medic for nineteen years but have twenty seven years experience, sort of.

And you're right about the blood sugar thing. Things as simple as emotional stress (say, over getting a bunch of shots at once?) can effect how quickly someone uses up their energy stores.

5. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Nice. :p

6. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    Should'a got yo'sef a betta' pimp... ;) :p

7. nice story, check your PM, I sent you something.

8. Wait, what? How does a comment like this just go past without someone saying something about it? :confused:

9. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'd imagine it was the arm/door incident, but possibly something else.

10. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    [​IMG]

11. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Passing out sucks. I've did it once, and then learned to put my head between my legs if I feel it's going to happen. When I did it, it was in church, at my 8th grade graduation ceremony. Guy next to me saw me going down and I vaguely heard him say, "you ok?", to which I answered "no" and he caught me going down. Came to with nuns and priests around me giving me water and putting cool cloths on me. Scary.

When my blood gets taken I also pass out. Don't know why, but I warn the people taking my blood now so I usually lay down when they're doing it, or I have to put my head between my legs.

Sorry ya passed out - but I'd venture to guess you're fine, that it was the whole blood, doctors and lack of food thing.

Nice writing.

12. Passed out/fainted a few times over the years!!

- twice in primary school....age 7ish and age 8ish...both times I ended up with a dose of the flu....or some other flu like virus

- once at an open air parade with the Boys Brigade...spent too long standing with the sun beating down on the back of my neck.....collapsed and stuck my head hard in the ground....got a night's observation in the hospital for that one, suspected concussion (got a penicillin jab in the ass for my trouble too)

- passed out in an amusement arcade onec and pacicked the folks there big time...their panic was their fault though, they got me up too quickly each time and I passed out again (fainting is natures way of saying 'Lie down').....got taken to hospital where I was told it was the heat, flashing lights, low blood sugar (I still think it;'s cause I tore my thmb nail back on one of the machines there.....squeamish that way you see)

- last one I remember (at leats non drink related;) ) was after donating blood for the first time! Felt a bit light headed, next thing I know I'm on the floor waking up in fits of laughter. My buddy told me I'd done this graceful backflip over the chair, with a low gran and landed on my head. He couldn;t work out why I woke up laughing....had to tell him that it was because the really attractive nurse that came to my assistance had crouched down beside me and I could see al she had up her skirt, skimpy briefs suspenders etc!!!!:bassist:

Passing out is a pain, but if you can find somewhere soft to land......the pain is less of a problem!

13. Was that holy water you got? :p

14. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Thread of the year.

15. sure that wasn't a flashback?

16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Bizarre. I want my 5 minutes back.

17. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I fainted once. I was incredibly busy and stressed out, so I didn't have much time to eat or sleep for a few days. Since then, I've made my life less hectic.

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021