1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I fear nothing more than this wednesday.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mike Money, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    The clear-channel rock station KRAB is having an event at studio99. Mentu Buru, Krotch, Rocky Nash, and Midnight Panic are all playing.

All of these bands are huge here... Midnight Panic is the former singer of Adema's newband, and they've been getting some decent radio play in the valley.

Mento Buru scares me because that is my bass teacher's band... funky reggae ska punk jazz.

Rocky Nash sucks... so who cares. But Rocky is on the KRAB morning show, and her husband Preston nash (Formerly of Primer55) is on 11-5 on the classic rock station....

Krotch is the regular sound guy's band... And they are playing, then going to a battle of the bands... so im left all alone.

Lights... Sound.... MC'ing... its all on me.

:help:

2. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    You'll end up having a great time, but that will be in hindsight.

During, you're probably going to be a mess, but do your best and try and keep your head on straight.

3. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    The room is easy enough to mix... I basically just have to set volumes and give them what they want in the monitor... so its easy, really.

But last night, we blew the mains. Ack. I don't need that happening.

4. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    While it's not unheard of, lightning seldom strikes twice in the same place in a short period of time.

5. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

Did i mention we blew something else later in the night? :p

the whole system is just out of phase... so we have to fix that tonight.