1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I feel down.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by wagstaff, Mar 19, 2009.

1. :(

I just went into town for a gig

I get there and no-ones there so I ring my guitarist who tells me that the gig is cancled because the singer is ill with no hint of apology, maybe he didn't realize that we where supossed to be on. Now I feel down because all the other members knew about this and I wasn't told.

I kinda want to buy something for bass now, but I must resist tude to lack of funds.

:(

Mark.

2. I have to say that was pretty inconsiderate of your fellow band members. So don't be down. I know it's hard to do that but for them to treat you like that is uncalled for. If I were you I would have a long talk with them at your next rehearsel. And send them a hint that bass players are very hard to find. I don't know about the UK but here in the U.S. bass players are always in demand. No one no matter what instrument you play shouldn't be subjected to that kind of treatment. Hope this helps.

3. Hi.

That sucks.

But it could be worse You know. You could be the only one who wasn't told there was a gig. One that You had been waiting with anticipation for various reasons. From experience I can tell You: THAT SUCKS BAD.

Just my 0.02€
    Sam

4. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    I suggest that you play some music that you really like to sooth your soul.
    Play it loud and just groove to it. Don't think about anything. Just get into it.
    In about 30 minutes your spirits will be lifted.

Just don't let them do that to you again. Otherwise, ask them to pay you what you would have earned that night. There's got to be consequences for anyone to learn anything.

Next gig (and every gig from now on) give your mates a call before you leave for the venue and confirm the arrival time.

5. That sucks moldy moose penis. However, you are a bass player. That kind of thing is to be expected :)

Just close your eyes and imagine they had all showed up and you bailed at the last minute. Now picture the set. For the icing on the cake, picture the miserable whining they would all bring to you about how "The groove just wouldn't click" and "we just kept losing the rythm during solos" etc; hehehehe sweet (imaginary) revenge

6. Hey, thanks for your support, it has been helpful.

Lousybassplayer, your post made me laugh, as the saying goes, imaginary revenge si the best revenge... I know it's not a saying but it should be.

I'm going to have a word with my 'fellow' members on Sunday, hopefully find out why they didn't call, or at least text.

Mark.

7. Just here to help.

8. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Don't buy stuff - Strong Drink, and lots of it. Works for me!

9. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Don't sweat it - definitely bring it up to your mates - but don't be a pu$$y either. Just let them know that you're a percentage of the band too and try and laugh it off. If they do it again, that'd probably be grounds for quitting.

...and maybe arrange a carpool next time.

10. YUP, gotta get their attention,SHOW ME THE MONEY... If I show up on my day job, and for some reason there is no work, or no one called me to tell me work was off for the day, I AM getting paid for 4 hours, as show up pay. Hit them in the pocket/wallet, THAT will get their attention. You spent your time, used your gas, hauled your equipment, and fulfilled your part of the deal... Now PAY ME !

I bet they don't forget to call you next time.