Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I feel like a twinkie.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    My mom has been asking me if I wanted to go out and eat for the last 2 hours... and I was honestly not hungry... so I kept saying I was OK, but I would go and eat if she wanted to go somewhere.... but of course she was being difficult and couldn't decide where to go... so she just said to forget about it.

She went and layed down in her room.. 1/2 an hour or so later, I'm hungry, and tell her lets go... shes like "no, its to late now..."

Then my dad calls. tells me to meet him at Chili's in half an hour... so i tell my mom. and she gets all upset...

Meh.

:meh:

2. is this the same mom you stabbed with a linkin park pen?

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    pretty sure, ya.

4. that is sooooo punk ;)

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    I seriously feel bad... she is sorta mental.. like, really emotional and stuff...

I believe flowers and a card are an order. and i 'spose i could buy her dinner tommorow. cause im a good son like that.

6. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    She's your mom man. You should please her any chance you get. Especially if she gets upset that easily. Haha. My mom would just tell me to taff off.

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    ellipsis: A mark or series of marks (... or * * *, for example) used in writing or printing to indicate an omission, especially of letters or words.

comma: Grammar. A punctuation mark ( , ) used to indicate a separation of ideas or of elements within the structure of a sentence.

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    So I got her a card... And it says "Sometimes I just sit and smile and feel happy there are people like you in the world. Thanks for being you." then i added "They didn't have a card for the most kick-ass mom ever, so I'll have to write it myself.

You are the most kick-ass mom ever. I love you.

-Michael

(My handwriting kinda resembles yours.)"

So, think that will cheer her up?

9. yeah it will cheer her up. be sure to sign it with your linkin park pen though.

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You guys put a lot of effort into your dysfunction.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    That will help. I don't think I would ever give my mom a card with cuss words in it though.

-Mike

12. MurdocRocks

MurdocRocks

Jun 18, 2005
    Torrance, CA
    My mom is the same way as yours, it's annoying as Hell. I don't see how people get so worked-up over nothing :meh:. I guess it might be because my mom has never really worked or had a career. She was a D student in high school and right after she married my dad. She's raised 2 kids, but I can't say she puts the most effort into it.

13. :D

14. I said this before, in another of your useful threads, Mike.

You will truly regret the bad things you say/do to your parents once they are gone.

Wanna be really punk?? Be good to your folks! That's heaps out there. ;)

15. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    The ellipsis can also be used to indicate a pause in the flow of a sentence and is especially useful in quoted speech:

http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/ellipsis.htm

16. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    That was a nice thing to do Mike. Just remember, no matter how much crap you take from your mom, your dad is taking ALOT more!

17. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Very much a part of my colloquial writing style...

Hey, Mike - what flavor Twinkie are you?

18. +1

19. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Do any of you remember the guy who used Twinkies as his deffense in court?.

20. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Dan White - San Francisco supervisor who killed San Francisco Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk in 1978.

He took his own life in 1985 after completing a minimal sentence.