Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I feel like an action hero!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by charles21o7, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Dude try to post without swearing!!! Read the rules.

2. YAY! The bass is saved! YAY!

3. Well, ya know, cant let it fall into the hands of evil-doers!

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Good thing the cops showed up. Who knows what that guy could have done to you. If the bass was not involved, would you have reacted the same?

-Mike

5. No, i probaly would have called the cops and ran away like a little girl!!! jk, I really dont know, cause it was like an animal instinct, i was hanging up with the cops, and i saw him grab the bass, and something just went off that said "KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL!" It was crazy, i had no time to think!

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I woulda grabbed something a hell of a lot ballsier than a frying pan, but you got the job done, so I aplaud you anyways.

I pitty the fool who I catch messing with my gear.

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Not the best move, but I would have done the same. good Job!!

8. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Action heroes don't squeeze people's crotches.

9. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    It's good that you got a little of your own justice in there :bassist:

I'd probably have done the same thing except hit him multiple times....now if my dog had been home and he had hurt or detained him in anyway

....lets just say there would be a difficult time identifying the guys body especially with the amount of knives and other weapons i have in my house

10. +1 :smug:

glad you (and bass) are ok.

11. i almost had ice cream come out my nose

12. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    That's correct. If you were really an action hero, you'd have used your lazer eyebeams to fry his crotch.

Next time you want to knock somebody out, dude - use a skillet. Frying pans are too flimsy.

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey man you coulda gotten killed but kudos to you for not losing your cool and sticking with the fight and since you didn't get killed I'm glad it worked out like it did and the scumbag got nabbed. Good work, superhero!

I know some people here absolutely loathe it when I say things like this but oh well...I come home and find somebody in my house dude will either be looking down the barrel of a 12 gauge or 9mm...whichever is nearest at hand. He might get a mouthful of pepper spray too...like I said...whatever's at hand. You never know what people like that are gonna do next.

brad cook

14. You have been here long enough to know the rules. No profanity. That is a warning.

15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    You know what, you're a lousy action hero.

You forgot to say:

"Hasta la vista baby"

16. Better make sure he goes away for a looooong time. Cause he might come back for a sequel :meh:

17. the things people do for a chunk of wood :cool:

way to go!!!

look at the kitchen... now thinkin about it, what would have worked better?

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Considering how events played out he probably should have said "Have a ball!" Of course it would still need to be in Ahnuld voice.

brad cook

19. Well, looking around my kitchen now, i find that i probaly could of used knives or a bottle of whiskey or something. But I only wanted to knock him out, i didnt want to be charged for manslaughter or anything.

The cops actually called me at work today , and told me that they found out that he is a homeless man who saw me come in my place with a guitars and basses a few times, and he figured that he could sell them for a good bit. So he broke in . They also told me that my frying pan assault knocked some of his teeth loose!

If he comes back for a sequel, ill be ready with something a little more american , like a 12 guage shotgun!

20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Looks like you need to stop bringing expensive stuff in and out of your house. :D

Homeless guys travel in packs. His buddies are probably scoping out your place right now!

-Mike