Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i feel like i have a problem...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lamborghini98, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    So over the break i was introduced to a lot of people who wanted to give me a lot of free drugs. then they just kept on coming... people just gave them to me. just today my friend gave me a bag of blow just because she really didnt want it anymore. i just started this over the break, and it needs to STOP. does anyone here have any wise words to help? i dont want to be going down this road, but its gotten depraved already.

2. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Drug's are just another obstacle in life....... Why put more obstacles in your path?

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    just say "no."

...and help take a bite out of crime? :confused:

but seriously, say "no."

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    You are known by the company you keep. Move to different circles.

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

very good advice.

these "friends" of yours could jeopardize your future!

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Good call.

7. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Guess what, it doesn't stay free, then if you are addicted, you have a REAL problem. By blow I'm assuming you mean coke. Eveyone I knew did it cold turkey, not a bad physical addiction, but changing the circles you run in is a must.
    If you can't do it yourself, NA is free. It was not necesssary for my friends.

8. I'd look to make some different friends if I were you... some that would care enough to help me avoid such pitfalls, rather than encourage me to jump in.

9. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Get as far away from those people as you can. You do NOT want to fall into that lifestyle.

I did, and ended up selling almost all of my gear for a "fix." My life went straight down the crapper for 2 1/2 - 3 yrs. I'm finally recovering financially from it. As far as friends go, I lost some people that were very close to me when I started; and lost people that I grew close to when I quit. You may think it's the end of the world to lose these people as friends; but it's nowhere close.

Seriously man, find new people. Fast.

mini-rant over.

10. Get rid of it, but be smart....sell it. And Im not kidding, if you get the right people to buy , you can get alot.

11. yeah but also, you take the risk of selling it to an undercover cop. not a big chance, but still, is it really worth spending time in jail for?

also, here's the deal...you need to stop right now. drug addiction isn't just a one-time thing...even after you quit, it will stay with you for the rest of your life, you will always have thoughts about it. even though i don't do drugs personally, i've heard this from a couple of people. plus, drugs, especially coke, is an expensive habit. just think of all the cool basses you could be buying with all of the money you waste away for a quick euphoria.

12. True..I didn't think of that...yeah dude, just get rid of it.

13. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Let me add I know it takes a lot of courage to admit something like this, and talking to someone, even if it's on a forum is a big step in the right direction. You've gotten some good advice here ( for the most part ). Now get rid of it, stop, and drop those friends like a bad habit, and go forward. Right now you've just made a mistake that can be overcome.

14. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Didn't use it for very long but one day I found myself looking down at a mirror getting ready to wake myself up and quit right then and there.

Many of my friends at the time were into it and many of them seemed a bit puzzled at my sudden loss of interest in it.

After about a month of no problem without it I allowed myself a little if I was visiting with friends, but never again took a line if I was alone.

Then one day I realized it had been a couple years since I'd had any and didn't miss it at all.

Now ice cream is a different thing! I can't resist ice cream and I guess it's an addiction I'll always gladly have!

15. i said no to drugs, but they wouldnt listen!

But seriously...

Blow is what i consider to be a hard drug. And these usually lead to others, and can lead you to death. I have learnt from experience..

When my sister turned 16, she ran away from home. my parents were powerless to do anything because when you turn 16, you're allowed to leave home. She started hanging out with a bad crowd a few months earlier and we had all noticed her changing, degrading. Just in her habits, like not getting herself all dolled up, some problems at school, fights with parents. We all found out/ knew she was smoking pot. not a BIG deal. After a few weeks she broke into her fathers house and stole quite alot of stuff. Im sure you can imagine what for. We had suspicions but couldnt tell, and thought it may have been a bit in spite aswell (she stole some trophies and worthless stuff).

4 months later (if that) at 3 am, my dog starts going nuts, and theres a knock at the door. I get and go to answert it with my mum to make sure nothing happens to her. When i open there were 2 police officers standing there. My mum immediately asks "its courtney isnt it?..." Ill never forget the fear and hurt in her voice, and she didnt even know yet.

A day earlier she had passed away from a heroin OD. My mum broke down. The girl she was living with, had also passed. Theres a bit of story about this girl but i cant be bothered going into it (bad stuff). They had been dead for atleast 24 hours, the other guy who was living with them came home only 15 minutes after they had OD'd.. but he was off his head and thought they were sleeping, not noticing the needle. Then the next day when he got up, thought they were still sleeping. Went out, came home, thought they were still sleeping, Later on he called an ambulance when he realised they were not sleeping.

This is what drugs can do, had the other guy not have been off his head and noticed the needles and checked on them, theres a slight chance that my sister would still be with me today... No point of what ifs though

Sorry if the post went a little away from the thread, but i feel that if my sisters story makes ONE person stop using/changes them from thinking about/etc of using drugs then her death wont be in vein. Think about not only you health and life, but of your family and friends.

Peace,
    Chips :bassist:

16. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Dude, if for nothing else than the people you love, tell these guys no. There are a lot of stories on TB about this kind of stuff like the ones above and nonsqtr's own story (which, IMO, is one of the most moving things I've ever read on TB.)

Get new friends.

17. +1.

And chips, dude, I'm sorry to hear that.

18. thanks. It was almost 7 years ago now. So its cool to talk about it. Especially to help others

19. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Good on you for recognizing you've got a problem, but now you've got to do something about it. Do whatever it takes to get away from the scene. Just because the drugs are free (for the time being) doesn't make them any less destructive. Soon they won't be free, and soon you won't be in control. Get out now, and salvage the next few years of your life, if not your life altogether.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.