Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I feel like I'm gothic....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Devilnutz, Nov 19, 2004.

1. ...because I'm so depressed. Not really depressed, but severely bummed out. I'm stationed in Okinawa, a place I'm not particularly fond of. To make things worse, I'm thousands and thousands of miles away from my family with Thanksgiving next week and Christmas in a month, for the second year in a row (last year I was in the desert). I have to stay here another 9 months before I can even request to take leave. Adding insult to injury, my girl runnoft with some jackass and got married while I was gone. And that's not it. I've been having alot of problems at work too. I can't stay focused at all; I was on the rifle range all week and I completely blew it on qualification day. It's not like I can't shoot, I just couldnt get my head out of the gutter. I'm a 20 year old man, and I have a midnite curfew. I'm not allowed to have females in my room, not even if she is just a friend. It basically seems that all the freedoms that I fought for are the ones that I'm denied. I have nothing to motivate me. I have nothing [in the near future] at all to look forward to. I even find myself listening to "show me the meaning of beling lonely" by the Backstreet Boys... Everything is starting to add up and its really bringing me down. I need a beer.

Keep on rockin' in the free world
    Timm-ay

2. chunky

chunky

Nov 3, 2004
    Portland Oregon
    I dunno, you say that you're not depressed, that you're just severely bummed out... I bet you're actually depressed, and in denial.

If I were you, I'd be depressed too. Don't feel bad about feeling bad, your life is in the toilet right now. You should be unhappy. It's healthy.

:cool:

3. Reading that was the first time I've laughed in weeks. Well, almost. Go to www.mycathatesyou.com and try to keep a straight face. But dude, that was such a horrible thing to say it actually made me feel a little better.
    thanks
    timm-ay

4. Go to Class VI, get a bottle of Jim Beam*, watch the incredibly bad programming on AFN, pass out. Wake up cluelessly at zero dark thirty.

Or go running a lot.

About the holidays... try working on the holidays. It's usually super quiet so working CQ or SD isn't too rough.

About qualifications- that's all up to you. Breath control.

Sorry about the girl.

Although it means nothing right now, being overseas is a great story down the line. Experience it and enjoy it. Take pictures.

People wonder why troopers are the biggest bunch of drunks ever put together.

Good luck and take care.

5. I take it you've spent some time in Okinawa? I got the alcohol taken care of, but I don't get AFN because I don't even have a TV. The qual.... I always shoot expert. I'm thinking this had something to do with all the BS that's been goin through my head lately. And take pictures you say? That would only force me to remember this god forsaken rock.

6. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I hope your getting money for college from all this. It could be worse with the situations are military is currently in if you know what I mean. So your 20, in a few years you will be a free man, and you can have 12 girls in your room all at the same time if you want. Make the best of it bro! Play your axe, when you get weekend leave have some fun and when you get out of there you will be a awesome bass player with all this practice time you have.

7. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    So, have you tried putting on some black eye liner and black finger nail polish? Maybe that will make everything seem better. Maybe your C/O would see you and send you home. ;)

8. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Sitting around isn't going to help. You probably need some 'mindless' activities that help your body to feel good. When I am down I like to work out or run. It kind of clears my head for a while and makes me feel good.

If you don't want to remember the island and you have lots of time... maybe you could enroll in music lessons?

Good luck! :)

9. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    You want me to mail you some Playboy mags ? that way you
    can have girls in your room. :)

10. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I can tell you if Matt or myself was there we would be doing a lof of ocean fishing!

11. I'm getting the GI Bill for college once I get out, so I guess that's cool. I'm taking a philosophy class right now, and as for the fishing, thats a negative. But I did start scuba diving, but the kid I go with is on restriction and he cant leave base, and since I cant leave base by myself, and I dont know anyone else that dives, I'm kinda SOL in that aspect. I got about 13 hours of sleep last nite and I actually feel alot better this morning. Maybe it was just a lack of sleep... who knows...
    thanks guys
    timm-ay

12. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I just want to take the time to say than you. Thank you for joining the military and risking your life to save mine and the ones I love.

I'm very grateful for what you've done, even if you haven't seen war, the effort you put forth into training and remaining part of our armed defenses is more than amazing in my eyes.

Thank you.