I feel quite sad....broken up a writing/playing partnership.

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Fassa Albrecht, Jan 22, 2009.

1. You all know these types- says a lot, does very little. Well, I was working with one of these guys, very ambitious but did little to actually get there.

Well, I've had enough, I've walked out. This guy was constantly making me run around after him, doing stuff, and I've got nothing to show for it. He also didn't listen to most of the suggestions I made and hated my music.

So I'm officially free to play with who I like and what I like. Whoo!

2. Sounds like he was the guitarist/singer.

3. He was actually a keyboardist.

4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Why would you work with someone who doesnt listen to your suggestions or like what you play in the first place?

5. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    it sounds like you should be happy to be out of that!

6. Because I auditioned and he liked me.

7. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    LOL the title sounds sad but the post sounds happy!!

Yeah definitely get right out of that.

8. My original title was too long- it should have read that I was sad to break this all up but happy that I can now get on with my band.

9. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Sad, but Happy....gotta ring to it.

10. lennon and mccartney hated eachother ;)

11. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    He probably had an ear for music.

12. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    No they didn't. They loved each other, but saw each other as competition as much as friends. And when they broke up, there were some bad feelings but they eventually became friends again and hung out occasionally. One of the great post-Beatles stories is about Lorne Michaels on Saturday Night Live offering the Beatles $3000 to reunite as a joke, and Paul and John were together at John's apartment in NYC watching it. They were going to go to the studio, but decided it would cause too much furor and chickened out.

13. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    You've gone a put No Rain in my head...The song is so happy but the lyrics are so sad :D:bawl::D:bawl::atoz:

14. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Heck yeah! Doesn't sound like a partnership to me.

15. ironrat

ironrat

Sep 24, 2008
    I Want to Break Free from Queen.....?!?

16. I know how you feel. I lost a guitarist and a 17 year friend a few months back. It got to the point where the guy was such an irritable grump that no one could stand to be around him. It was affecting his playing as well so he had to go. There were some words and i thought it was done until he sends a drunken email to the guy who replaced him, so i needed to write him an email to tell him exactly why he was out (it wasn't pretty- i spared him the harsh details the first time trying to be nice about it). Now he's called and left me a voicemail. Gosh, ya can't just move on and play with other people!

Hope things get better for you and me both.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021