Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by slickhare, Aug 31, 2005.

1. slickhare

Feb 2, 2005
    <rant> ok so i had a potential show lined up that you probably saw me post about on band management, but because of my hefty schedule i had to give it up. but that wouldn't be so bad if the person who replaced me is a g...g.g.ggg.... :bawl: GUITARIST :spit: :scowl: :mad: aagh he has no passion for bass and i had to pass up a chance to show them what it's all about! as far as i know i'm the only serious bassist in my class... if there are any others then they must not take pride in their instrument because i've never heard a peep from anyone else. but anyyyyyway i just feel so bad like i abdicated a major duty or something... anything like this happen to anyone else? </rant>

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Hey, you gave up the gig, they needed someone, they got someone. That's the way the business works. Whether or not he's got the same passion as you is irrelevant to your own thing.

As for your feelings of guilt about cancelling, hey, life happens. Good that you care but if you already have a lot on your plate, then it's better you cancel than do everything half-assed.