I fell asleep at a loud rockshow.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mike Money, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I was at lake tahoe this week, and Yamaha was having their corporate party at Ceasars, by chance... Anyways... They brought in Collective Soul for their final night event. They reserved the better seats at the show room in Ceasars for themselves, and gave the rest of the seats away for free on a first-come first-serve basis.

The first few songs are alright... I only know 3 of their songs, and they had already played two. Apparently they had a new one out that I hadn't heard...

i was sitting at the table drinking my coke, and I put my head down when they started getting lame. And I fell asleep.

Now, was it the 5 AM fishing trip? Or was Collective Soul really that bad?
  2. My wife nearly fell asleep(NOT passed out)getting a tattoo the other day. :eyebrow: I didn't.
  3. Minimaul

Jun 22, 2003
    In 1992ish i saw U2's Zooropa tour at Dodger stadium. I ate some bad pizza and laid down on some chairs and went to sleep.

I was 11.

The belly dancers were hot.
  4. Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    I fell asleep at a moe. show... i was really digging it, but i was sick, hot, and there were other factors involved ;)

I was angry about that... i drove 2 hours to see them and missed almost 1/2 of the show. thank god for archive
  5. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I almost fell asleep during Napalm Death's set when I saw them a couple years ago. They were that boring.

It totally ruined the show too, Dark Tranquility was phenomenal and Nile was an incredible closing act. Napalm Death just sucked the energy level out of the room. I think there were all of 40 people left by the time Nile hit the stage.
  6. Not by any particular desire of mine, I saw Guns N Roses twice during their heyday and both times had great seats. Both times, they were being big rockstars and came on really late. I fell asleep both times. First time when I woke up, I saw Axl shooting me dirty looks. Second time, I think I could see him thinking "Jesus, it's that guy again!"
  7. I know someone who's dad fell asleep at a Led Zeppelin concert.

But to be fair it was during one of Jimmy Paige's long winded guitar solo things.
  8. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

Well to answer your question, since I have almost no concert experience of my own to talk about, I would say....yes. I like a couple of their songs, but if you really don't love them I could see how someone would fall asleep. Especially if they just play the straight songs.
  9. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

I fell asleep at a Huey Lewis show once...I know, I know not a rock show so much. But it was the 80's. Then again, I went to see the opening act and didn't much care about HL at the time.

Opener was Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble, in support of "Couldn't Stand the Weather" IIRC. Didn't fall asleep for that one. BUt Stevie did a large portion of it laying down, cuz he was too messed up to stand. What a show!

10. I fell in love with a girl at a rock show. She said "what" and I told her that I didn't know. YMMV.

11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

I know her!

She's so cool that you wanna sneak into her window, huh?
  12. No. That's her sister.

13. Oh yeah, and my mom fell asleep at a Cream show, but it was during the drum solo.
  14. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    About three years ago I fell asleep for about 20 minutes of a Clapton concert. Was really excited to see Nathan East on bass, and well, Clapton is Clapton.

It was very hot in the venue, I was beat tired, the PA sounded like mush, and I couldn't hear anything East played except rumble. Still, I was embarrassed. Crap PA or not, Clapton and East deserve respect and attention . . .
  15. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Yes. Just thinking of that "World I have known" song or whatever (with the video of the guy who wants to jump off a building) makes me want to slip into a coma.
  16. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    my friend fell asleep during the bass solo @ Mars Volta
    My head got heavy @ Alain Caron (but I LOVE the guy!)
    I htink I may have dozed off during either Dio or Dream Theatre when they opened for Yes.
  17. Count_Bassy

Feb 3, 2005
    San Diego
    Well, it was my first warped tour. So, fall out boy is going to play at this stage and I get there half an hour early so I get real up close. what an idiot I was. They start playing and the whole crowd is moving! Not a second of standing still. So I come out and I'm sweating worse that Jim Adkins! I dehydrate really easily, but the offspring is playing right over there, so I say "thats ok, I'll get water after that show." it was pretty awesome. They had a firehose. Then I start walking to the gatorade stand and all of a sudden the starting line starts to play. Dammit! so I had to watch them, but I fell asleep standing up and woke up when they were playing "leaving". That was fun.