Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I fell in love in a Music Store.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Sep 12, 2001.

1. The Mesa Boogie Basis 2000 is a Sweet Heart The sounds I got when I tried it out in the music store plugged into a MB Road Ready 2x15 and 4x10 (seperately). With Ibanez BTB-515, SR-885, EDB-600, Warwick bolt on 5-string, Fender Standard Jazz V and Elite P-bass V all sounded wonderful. Depending on how bad our economy has been hit I may by one and a Road ready 2x15 ;). To think all the money I spent on Ampeg, Their still good.

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Granted, a "sweat" heart is better than a sweat hog! :D

Seriously, I'm very impressed with Boogie amps in general. I love the 400+ despite the fact that it took me a while to get it dialed in. Like any amp with a lot of versatility and features, the 2000 would likely require a fair committment to get your sound from it.

3. No, I dialed in an instant tone from it that's why I said it was a sweet heart, automatically I got a smooth bassy signal with perfectly scooped mids (on both chanels), heavily compressed the highs 3:1, boost the gain with the switch and boost the bass and treble +3dB on the tube chanel. The fet chanel got the cleanest lows ever I almost shut the mids off, boost the treble +3dB, bass +5dB set around 75-65Hz with bass shift set low and slightly compressed the lows 5:1. I mixed in between the two chanels to get just the right amount of warmth and presence. Like I said Perfect.

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yo, chief! Since you didn't get it the first time: it's sweetheart, NOT sweatheart. Get it? :D

5. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Maybe he run all the way to the store!!!!!!

6. ACTUALLY IT GETS PRETTY HOT IN THERE.

7. Shoot, if prices do go down, i'll definately be gettin my new Rig real soon. That would be pretty tight.