I fell in love in a Music Store.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Sep 12, 2001.

1. The Mesa Boogie Basis 2000 is a Sweet Heart The sounds I got when I tried it out in the music store plugged into a MB Road Ready 2x15 and 4x10 (seperately). With Ibanez BTB-515, SR-885, EDB-600, Warwick bolt on 5-string, Fender Standard Jazz V and Elite P-bass V all sounded wonderful. Depending on how bad our economy has been hit I may by one and a Road ready 2x15 ;). To think all the money I spent on Ampeg, Their still good.

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Granted, a "sweat" heart is better than a sweat hog! :D

Seriously, I'm very impressed with Boogie amps in general. I love the 400+ despite the fact that it took me a while to get it dialed in. Like any amp with a lot of versatility and features, the 2000 would likely require a fair committment to get your sound from it.

3. No, I dialed in an instant tone from it that's why I said it was a sweet heart, automatically I got a smooth bassy signal with perfectly scooped mids (on both chanels), heavily compressed the highs 3:1, boost the gain with the switch and boost the bass and treble +3dB on the tube chanel. The fet chanel got the cleanest lows ever I almost shut the mids off, boost the treble +3dB, bass +5dB set around 75-65Hz with bass shift set low and slightly compressed the lows 5:1. I mixed in between the two chanels to get just the right amount of warmth and presence. Like I said Perfect.

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yo, chief! Since you didn't get it the first time: it's sweetheart, NOT sweatheart. Get it? :D

5. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Maybe he run all the way to the store!!!!!!

6. My fault.:oops: :oops:

7. ACTUALLY IT GETS PRETTY HOT IN THERE.

8. Shoot, if prices do go down, i'll definately be gettin my new Rig real soon. That would be pretty tight.