I fell in love with the Bass all over again.....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by de la mocha, Mar 20, 2006.

1. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    After a little fiasco of trying to learn the guitar and abandoning the bass because I thought it got "boring" I have found falling back in love with the Bass.

I got caught up in all the hype of wanting to give up on Bass to be in the lime light as a guitarist and decided to take lessons. Well, for a short while now, the lessons were coming along pretty slow and I felt I was advancing very, very slowly.
    The guitar is a completely different instrument and has to be approached totally different then the Bass. It was a complete nightmare learning chords and especially Barre Chords. The strings were so tiny and it seemed like it would take forever just to get the "basics" down.

But I never gave up, I just kept hacking away at it. I'm still learning. But the most funiest or strangest thing happened to me. When I picked up my Bass, it seemed like I gained some sort of power that I never had before! Now, I can play stuff I had difficulty playing like it was nothing. My speed has improved and I'm overflowing with new ideas!

The Bass just feels like home to me. I don't know if it's because I needed a break, or because of the guitar or what, but now I feel reborn on the Bass! It's so amazing. I'm still debating if I should continue my guitar lessons or not. I now realize that I was born to play Bass!
  2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    Why not stop taking guitar lessons and get bass lessons if you love playing bass so much?
  3. why not play differnt instruments ? I mean you can focus on bass but still play guitar,drums etc.
  4. CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Had a very similar sesation when started with bass :D