1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I fell in love with the Bass all over again.....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by de la mocha, Mar 20, 2006.

1. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    After a little fiasco of trying to learn the guitar and abandoning the bass because I thought it got "boring" I have found falling back in love with the Bass.

I got caught up in all the hype of wanting to give up on Bass to be in the lime light as a guitarist and decided to take lessons. Well, for a short while now, the lessons were coming along pretty slow and I felt I was advancing very, very slowly.
    The guitar is a completely different instrument and has to be approached totally different then the Bass. It was a complete nightmare learning chords and especially Barre Chords. The strings were so tiny and it seemed like it would take forever just to get the "basics" down.

But I never gave up, I just kept hacking away at it. I'm still learning. But the most funiest or strangest thing happened to me. When I picked up my Bass, it seemed like I gained some sort of power that I never had before! Now, I can play stuff I had difficulty playing like it was nothing. My speed has improved and I'm overflowing with new ideas!

The Bass just feels like home to me. I don't know if it's because I needed a break, or because of the guitar or what, but now I feel reborn on the Bass! It's so amazing. I'm still debating if I should continue my guitar lessons or not. I now realize that I was born to play Bass!

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Why not stop taking guitar lessons and get bass lessons if you love playing bass so much?

3. why not play differnt instruments ? I mean you can focus on bass but still play guitar,drums etc.

4. CrazyArcher

CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Israel
    Had a very similar sesation when started with bass :D