Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I finally beat Chrono Trigger!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Orco87, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    For those that don't know what Chrono Trigger is....

Only one of the greatest RPG's of all time for the Super Nintendo from the same makers of the Final Fantasy series!

Anyway, I beat it, I feel HIGHLY accomplished cuz it's taken a long time between spans of playing and not playing, and I just wanted to tell mulitple people at one time. :hyper:

:D

Does anyone remember that game? :eyebrow:

2. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Yes I used to play it non-stop, btw the easiest way I remember to beat it, at the end there's that robot factory or something, with the conveyor belt, just go around on that over n over and you get levels VERY fast.... Thats how I beat it.

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    lol, yeah, beating rpg's definitely does feel like an accomplishment.

i only got to see the beginning and ending of chrono trigger, though, so i don't really know exactly how cool it is.

4. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Now if I could only beat FF3 (6)

5. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Hmm, I have a whole month on my hands . . . I think I'll play it again. :p

6. There are few games that can truly be called great, and Chrono Trigger is among them. Loved that game.

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I played chrono trigger a couple years back, I beat it twice getting 2 different endings. I remember it took me a while to beat it hte first time, but the second time was a breeze. I've beaten FF6 more times than is probably healthy. :meh:

8. I played it all the way through and finished it near the beginning of this year :)

9. My personal favorite. If the amount of times I've beaten it were grains of rice, then I could feed Africa.

10. You shouldn't be proud of yourself yet - you've only gotten one of the endings :smug:

My favorite RPG of all time on a side note, is Skies of Arcadia.

11. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Great game. I remember very little about it though. My personal favorite RPG games are Final Fantasy 7 and 9, and Legend of Dragoon.

12. Perhaps a little off topic. But FF7 is the greatest RPG of all time, if not the best game of all time.

Also, Chrono Trigger Rocks.

13. Chrono Trigger was a great game. I always liked the boss battle with Ozzie, Slash, and Flea. Ya gotta wonder what they were thinking there.

14. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    I forgot about this thread.... there's more endings? Well great, looks like I'll have to go back and whoop up some more. I think I'll put in some avenged sevenfold for my boss battle music this time. Having good music really does help out!

15. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    I'm currently trying to get my characters up to level ** (100 or 99?) so I can fight Spekkio in his last form. And there are 2 endings I haven't seen yet, out of 15 i think... although a couple are pretty much the same with slight differences (Having Magus in your team or not, having crashed the Epoch into Lavos, etc.)

Indeed, great game.

16. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Boy, how did I miss this thread until now? I love that game!

I've played it through probably more than any other game, except maybe Final Fantasy Tactics, which I invariably bring up in any video game thread.

What was the party you used? I could never settle on one group that I liked to use the best, but I usually ended up with Chrono/Lucca/Frog.

17. I agree completely!

I played Skies of Arcadia while listening to NOFX when I was younger and I swear, it kept me into the game!

18. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    I'm pretty sure anyone who's played the game and seen your avatar would have that figured out.

19. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I love it to the point of redundancy.

20. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    The great thing about Chrono Trigger is that all of the characters are useful. Some RPGs just have people that I always found hard to use, Relm in FF 3 (6) for example.