I finally bought one!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by seracis, Sep 29, 2003.

1. seracis

Sep 25, 2003
    Tulsa, OK
    I am now the OWNER of a bass. No more borrowing. It's not the greatest, but it's mine. I bought an Ibanez GSR200, trans. red, Crate MXB25 amp, gig bag (lots o' padding), tuner, strap, and a set of Rotosound Swing Bass strings. I must have played for over 4 hours just last night. I love it! I am definately hooked! Now maybe I can learn even more from everyone here!
  2. Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Hey man...I'm glad for you.:)
    Practice a lot and get yourself a teacher.
  3. Just remember, when it comes to buying real equipment, DO NOT CUT CORNERS. If you are serious about playing bass, get good equipment, you will thank yourself for it later.
  4. MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    with that said I would like to state that I am currently accepting donations. ;)

I have a gsr100, great little beginner bass specialy for the price. but i still cant wait til I get the g&l tribute or lakland skyline(hence the donation) lol

congrats man, hf :bassist:
  5. seracis

Sep 25, 2003
    Tulsa, OK
    I just hope this stuff lasts a little while. The wife was not too happy with the final dollar amount. I, on the other hand, felt very comfortable with my purchase. No buyers remorse here, in fact, I wish I could have gotten more! The amp may be a little small, but they said I could bring it back and trade up within 60 days. That will probably happen, maybe to a 60 watt. I love the way my bass sounds. Granted, I don't have much basis for comparison, but I just love anything under 200hz.
  6. Congrats...I have the same model bass.

Good luck on bass.
  7. RyanHelms

Sep 20, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    :cool: Ought to be perfect to get going on. How do you like the P/J blending? Hybrids are cool!
  8. seracis

Sep 25, 2003
    Tulsa, OK
    I love being able to get different sounds. So much better than the Fender MusicMaster I started with.