I FInally Did It! (SWR RIG)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jwoertz, Aug 19, 2000.

1. jwoertz

Mar 28, 2000
    Ahhh, I finally ordered the bass rig of my dreams:

SWR Bass 350
    Korg TU-2 rack mounted tuner
    Behringer AutoCom Pro compressor

Two SWR Goliath Jr. III cabinets

I'm using an Ibanez SR-480.

I know this is a relatively small setup, but portability was
    a very big factor. I was going to go with the Triad, but it was too big for me to easily handle.

Any comments (good or bad) about these items?

2. Jeff, Welcome to the wonderful world of SWR pro gear.I play thru an SWR Sm400s and Goliath III. My head is rackmounted along with a korg DTR-2 tuner,Samson VHF wireless, With a Furman rackrider power conditioner mounted in the back of a SKB 4space(not rotorack) it looks awesome on top of the Goliath III with the chrome grill. Aside from its great looks its also IMHO the best sounding bass gear I've ever had the privalage to play thru.Your gonna love the new rig , I've had mine for a year and half and still feel inspired to play every time I see it. People are gonna know you mean business with a rig like that. Time to go practice as wayne and garth said (we're not worthy)
  3. nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    No jwoertz, that ain't a small rig, at least soundwise. It's twice as good as most combo amps, I'd say it's medium sized physically with kick ass power.

Too bad you used up all of your ohm loading. If you had gotten the Goliath III you could have added a nice 1 X 15" or 1 X 18" down the road. Not to worry, you can buy & sell if your needs change. That's the nice thing about top of the line equipment, it holds it's value.

By the way, as set up, your rig is good for 450 watts, assuming you are using 2, eight ohm cabinets. If you got the 4 ohm cabinets, you are already over driving the amp so I know you got the 8 ohm model.

I've got the same rig except with the Golieth III 4 X 10.
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hey jw ... your rig? Bitchen. Congratulations.
  5. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Congrats!You made quality choices with a very versatile and great sounding setup.
  6. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, nice rig, man......I was about to do the SWR head and a triad....but let's be honest....I play in my house with no band....so I went with my Eden Metro 2x10 ;-) really makes my thumb bass bark...u know...a couple years ago on BET, Vic Wooten was playing pretty much the same rig u got with the Flecktones...sounded pretty awesome...have fun!
  7. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Congratulations! Im also venturing into the SWR arena...henry the 8x8 with an SM-900 or Mo' Bass...oh, it WILL rule. Glad to you love your rig! It rules!
  8. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    It's a great rig you've got there!!! (but I'm biased, I am a SWR fan myself...)
  9. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    If you plan on adding a 15 or 18 cab you can always wire the 2 2x10 cabs in series, in effect making them into the equivalent of one 4x10 at 8 ohms.