Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I finally did it!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rumzini, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I have become a supporting member!

I am a late starter on bass, 31 when I bought my first, and soon after I found an ad for TalkBass in one of the mags. I don't get to go out much to see other bass players, with kids and all, so I feel that TalkBass has been my instructor. Thank you, Paul and TalkBass for everything...it's been a long time coming.

Now to pick an avatar.

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Congrats. I too discovered bass later in life but have no regrets. Talkbass has been invaluable to me as a source of all things bass related. Very helpful people here.

Talkbass rules.

3. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I'm a late starter too. This place is an excellent and fun resource. You done good.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Whoa. Your story sounds exactly like mine. All I can say is get ready for all of the gear you are going to be buying and selling over the next couple years.

-Mike

5. hey, congrats. i started playin 6 mo. ago..........at 42 years old. wish i would have started 30 years ago. glad to have you on the low end.

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I too, started @ 31. Now, I'm,....uh...nevermind, but I now play for a living. Welcome to the fold. BTW, I've been here for over 5 years and 7000 posts, and Paul never gets completely naked, so if that's what you're here for, forget it, it ain't happening! :bag:

7. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    I started when i was 21.. am I a late started? Didn't really "dive" into the bass much until I was 22.

8. whitedk57

whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    No, you are not a late started...

I just started at the young age of 40. I am 41 now, and I still suck. Well, maybe someday I can get my groove thing on. :hyper:

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    And he's an aerospace guy! :p

10. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida

LOL leave me alone! My typing skills don't apply to engineering! it's mostly mouse work ;)

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    LOL!

12. Agreed, this is a great website and message board. Of all the interests I have and their corresponding internet communities, Talk Bass is easily the most informative and friendly place I frequently visit. Once I scrounge up enough cash I'll become a Supporting Member.

But I just bought a new bass :))) so it'll have to wait :)().

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You're....uh...famous, and living the dream alot of guys around here dream every night.

You're an inspiration for alot of folks here at TB. Way to go buddy!! :D

-Mike