Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I Finally Did It.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by g4string, Jun 12, 2003.

1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    After long debate and research, I ordered a Sadowsky today. I ordered a Vintage 5 with a 59' burst finish over quilted maple on top of an alder body. The bass will have a morado fingerbaord with chrome hardware and a pearloid pickguard.

I was debating between a Celinder Vintage 5 or the Sadowsky Vintage 5. I still want a Celinder, but I think I did the right thing by holding off. The fact that they are based in Europe really was a big factor in my decision process. I was dealing with the guys at the BassPalace on the Celinder. Altough I am sure there great people, I just got a weird vibe from them. That too was another factor.

I expect my Lakland 55-94 will end up seeing less of me when the Sadowsky arrives in 6 months.

You guys think I made the right choice by choosing Sadowsky over Celinder?

2. Does that make any sense? Isnt that an oxymoron?

3. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Smash,

I do too prefer the esthetci's over of the Celinder over the Sadowsky. That is one reason why it was very difficult to make this decision.

Also, I too have not played either of these basses. Sadowsky's reputation for high quality and customer satisfaction was a major factor on my decision.

Ryan,

I guess your right. Vintage 5 is kind of an oxymoron. Never thought of that.

4. I also took the Sadowsky "plunge" about a month ago, and I, like you, sometimes wonder the same thing! But....I have been using the Sadowsky outboard preamp on ALL of my other basses for about a year now and I figured if the outboard made my other (mostly high-end basses themselves!!)basses sound that good then I HAD to have a Sadowsky to get the rest of the package to go along with the sounds I was getting...I looked high and low and have owned and/or played EVERYTHING out there over the last nearly 25 years and the Sadowsky is the REAL DEAL..I figured why keep spending big money on instruments that just were not IT in search of the Grail when I knew exactly where the Grail was if I was willing to pay the price? By my thinking I will actually save money in the long run as I intend to order a PJ 5 if the 4 is all I think it will be...and then I am DONE!!! Spend my money on other things!!!!!!!!!!! In my opinion you are making the right decision...I will post a pic of mine in about 4 or 5 more months and I hope to see yours here as well...WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!

t