Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I finally found a band that uses the SPACE BASS!!! (Funny 80's pics inside)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by quallabone, Aug 13, 2004.

1. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    I love my Space Bass to bits. I thought I was the only one. And then I found KICK AXE!!!!!!!!!! Man are these guys cool looking. I still don't have any pics of mine but it's #4 of 5. This guy has #2. What a doofus.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These men are absolutely hilarious.

That's all I can say.

2. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    If you're thinking of the same Kick Axe I'm thinking of, my brother just saw them live last weekend. Appaerently they put on a bloody good show, even in their old age.

3. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    My god someone from Sask.

4. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    And yes they just played on August 8

5. when you said space bass i thought you ment bootsy's "space bass"
    [​IMG]
    which imo is much prettier :D

6. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    It certainly is. Yet mine is better for stabbing deadbeat club owners.

7. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    "Kick Axe"

That has got to be the absolute COOLEST name in band history! MAN!

Yes, that IS a cool bass (both the space and the Bootsy one).

And the bass guy in "Kick Axe" looks like JB in the pic where he is looking out into the crowd, probably thinking "Damn, I am a rock GOD".

8. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    It's scary, but we do exist :p

9. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    It's good that you guys can now suffer together.

10. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I liked the name of DiMeola's album "Kiss My Axe"- my old band opened for him at Steamboat in Austin...that was a great gig!

11. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Also, check out Spectre General, Kick Axes alter ego who had a song on the Transformers: TThe Movie soundtrack. Don't ask how I know that either :p

12. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    A song on the Transformers: The Movie Soundtrack?!?!

Don't tell me it's the one that goes:

"You've got the touch! (duu duu...) You got the power!!! YEAH!!!"

I LOVE THAT SONG!!!!! I mean, I love that part of the movie with that song! It was perfect!

*geek out alert, caution*

It was the part where the kid is taking lessons on how to "transform" in his car suit/armor/thing and he transforms and him and his transformer friend drive off into the sunlight! And then that song plays!!! THAT PART IS THE GREATEST!!!

:ninja: *cricket cricket*

Okay, sorry.

That movie/song is great though...

-T
    (damn I'm cool. :scowl: HA!)

13. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Actually they did the song "Hunger". Y'know, "Hunger, I got so bad I can taste it.." Unfortunatley I can't remember when it plays in the movie right now... :meh:

14. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    When I win the lottery (yeah, right...), I'm going to have Jackson build me a custom four or five string bass version of the Roswell Rhoads. The fluted aluminum version. I just want it to hang on the wall as art!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Actually - Kickaxe was a great band ! I saw them in the late 80's in Oshawa Ontario. The drummer had one of those kits where the drum sheels were super long and curved out away from the kit - sorta like a "Horn of Plenty ". Their biggest hit was Alive and Kickin. But they did a smoking cover of 30 Days In The Hole. They also opened for the Scorpions on the Heavy Metal Hurricane Tour.
    Just some useless trivia !!

16. I think that those drums you are talking about were called Stacatos.

17. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    Weird.......Mr.Big with Billy Sheenan and Paul Gilbert had a song Alive and Kickin' (on there first album) and did an awesome cover of 30 days in the hole.

18. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    My first thought was, my God those guys are pathetic. My second thought was, my God those guys are pathetic. Then I realized, well sh*t, they look like they were playing to one hell of a crowd, so they must not have been THAT bad.

19. bman

bman

Dec 4, 2000
    Sandown, N.H., USA
    Ya gotta put it into perspective. They didn't look THAT out of the ordinary back then.

20. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Jackson Browne's drummer used them, I believe they were by North Drums.