I Finally Found a Comfortable Strap

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BudWirth, Aug 7, 2005.

1. BudWirth

Jul 20, 2005
    I just bought a strap from Legacy Straps here in Pa. I had to share this. It's the most comfortable strap I've ever owned, even my Levy's Leather doesn't compare and I could have gotten 4 of these for the cost of that one. Just to be clear I am in no way related to this company other than a very satisfied customer.
  2. Those like like stripped down versions of comfort strapps. They have the same basic idea, except for the double hole thing that attaches to the strap button...makes me feel safer. even if one somehow comes off, there's still 3 more holding the bass.

But since these guys are in Pa i'll have to give them a chance!

Oh yea, the comfort strapps cost TWICE what thesee do...almost doesn't seem worth it :ninja:
  3. spawn

Aug 8, 2005
    I got a question. Ive been looking for a strap, kind of big. I have been trying for quite some time to find one like Steve Harris's, but Im beginning to think his is totally custom. His big, bulky one looks like a dream to play in.
  4. MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    I find it weird that people will play Basses that cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars and complain about a $40 strap.
  5. The basses are worth it. The straps are a rip.
  6. BudWirth

Jul 20, 2005
    I spent as much as $100 on straps that were supposed to be comfortable and found out that they still would either dig into my neck or were just plain uncomfortable. This one is less than $30 with shipping and after 4 hours at a jam I was still feeling good. The cost is less important than the comfort but most times you're paying for a name and not a quality product. :scowl:
  7. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    That reminds me of a strap I made out of a Letter Carrier Bag Shoulder strap. Something about that strap made the heaviest bass seem to float.
  8. I have one of those comfort straps. It has a foam underside, very nice! :smug:
  9. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    I recently picked up a nanoweb bass strap. It is easily the best strap I've had in damn near 30 years. Only $20.00 at Musicians Friend. I personally think that its silly to spend hundreds on a strap, but hey, if it floats yer boat, its your money!
  10. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Try holding a Conklin or an Essence on your shoulder for an hour; pain teaches you price is no object!
  11. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Until you have a bass that sounds so good but causes you so much pain in your shoulder. Then $40 for a strap instead of spending thousands on a lighter bass that does everything you want it to sounds like a steal.

12. I was saying that the comfort strapps (one of which i own) seem like a rip now being that the legacy one's are more or less the same thing for half the price. I know EXACTLY what you mean, and if there were a strap that made my roscoe feel even lighter, i'd glady pay 100 or more for it.
  13. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    Seriously, guys, try the Nanoweb. This strap has a lot of "give", and really works in lightening the load. I use this strap for four sets a night. At $20.00, it's a steal. There is no need to spend tons 'o dough (I'm a cheap bastard, but that's another story).
  14. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

Two 7 string conklins almost weigh as much as my Brice Ash Jazz 5 string! :spit:

:D ;)
  15. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    No way! Seriously?
    My GT-7 weighed 16 lbs and the GT-5 weighs 14 and some change!
  16. I have a strap I made out of a sling for an M-60 machine gun:

My most expensive strap is one I had made to resemble Peter Green's of Fleetwood Mac, I think it cost $50:
  17. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I just ordered two Legacy "Ultra II" Bass straps. I'll post further details after I receive them and use them on a gig...
  18. HarrySack

Jun 2, 2005
    Today i recieved my Ultra II strap, and i must say i love it!! :hyper:
    It's great value for money, what are you waiting for, order one!!
  19. I should get something (when I can afford it, the smith kinda drained the account) for my Lado. None of my 6's are anywhere close in weight. I wouldn't be suprised if it was over 12lbs... for a 4 string. Regardless, it is worth it for the amazing tone