1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I finally found my dream job! Oscar Mayer hiring 'Hotdogger' to drive the Wienermobile

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Richland123, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Oscar Mayer hiring 'Hotdogger' to drive the Wienermobile
    Job alert! Oscar Mayer is looking for someone to drive across country in the Wienermobile and represent the brand.

Author: WTHR Staff
    Published: 12:50 PM CST January 6, 2020
    Updated: 1:18 PM CST January 6, 2020
    Oscar Mayer is looking for its next Wienermobile driver.

https://d167y3o4ydtmfg.cloudfront.n...605042_1991586937/OM_hotdogger_WMB_013119.pdf

The company has a job opening for a 'Hotdogger' aka the person who drives the Wienermobile.

"We need outgoing, creative, friendly, enthusiastic, graduating college seniors who have an appetite for adventure and are willing to see the country through the windshield of the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile," the job opening reads.

The job is fulltime for one year where you will drive across the country to represent the Oscar Mayer brand.

The chosen applicant will receive a competitive salary as well as expenses, benefits and team apparel, according to the job opening.

Applicants should have a B.A. or B.S. preferably in public relations, journalism, communications, advertising or marketing.

Anyone interested can send a cover letter to: Oscar Mayer, Attn: Hotdogger Position, 560 E Verona Ave, Verona, Wisconsin 53593 or email to wmrequest@kraftheinzcompany.com.

[​IMG]

slobake, kobass, BurnOut and 2 others like this.
  2. I love the Wienermobile.
    Wish they had a better schedule to know when it is in town, always hear about it after.
    "The Wienermobile was at the --- store today." :(
    Announce where it will be a few days or more in advance and I will be there.

Though it is also fun to walk out of a place and there it is. HAPPY SURPRISE! :woot:
    Or seeing it out of the corner of your eye as you are driving by...U TURN! :woot:

Winslow likes this.
  3. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    "Wienermobile" ?

Bertpalm.jpg

Cheez, BurnOut and knumbskull like this.
  4. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    Group "W" Bench
    I've seen these press releases come around over the years, and was always bummed out that they seem to have an age limit, keeping it to "recent" college grads. :cautious:

Greybeards need not apply, it seems. :dead:

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  5. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    The Wienermobile made an appearance here a few years ago.

Wienermobile.jpeg

Winslow and S-Bigbottom like this.
  6. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Maybe I can get a job driving one of the Mr. Peanut Cars or a Marshmallow Peep Car! :thumbsup:

6ad7a07d2dbc048b1529cfcdeb7b42b6.png

4ba330d04b82d5610b97900b12392c83.jpg

2e17b85e3abc21844966e1cface364d2.png

Screen-Shot-2017-03-22-at-8.22.20-PM.png

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    slobake, BurnOut, PWRL and 3 others like this.
  7. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    You have to have a bachelor's degree just to drive the Weinermobile? Welcome to 2020, kids.

8. I wonder if they sell retired Wienermobiles.

ajkula66 likes this.
  9. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    I think it's sickening that they are looking for grads to drive a big hotdog.
    That aside, Damn, that would make a cool gig mobile.

10. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I live in Verona WI where the applications are to be sent. The Wiener mobile rolled through town this past summer. IMG_20190916_184524.jpg

11. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    Group "W" Bench
    I accidentally happened across the Wienermobile in a shopping center parking lot some years ago (before the age ubiquitous cameras). They gave me a souvenir Wienermobile whistle. :thumbsup:

fig, Cheez, S-Bigbottom and 2 others like this.
  12. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    A few years ago, I was at an antique and classic car cruise and one of the people organizing the cruise had a grand daughter who was on the Weiner Mobile crew. They brought it to the cruise and I got a tour of the inside of the Weiner Mobile.

S-Bigbottom and FilterFunk like this.
  13. farace

farace

Jul 9, 2016
    Connecticut USA
    Brad Johnson and OldDog52 like this.
  14. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Yeah, but for Planters you have to work for peanuts! :roflmao:

15. jthisdell

jthisdell

Jun 12, 2014
    Roanoke, VA
    I have a friend who drove the wiener mobile for a few years, said it was a fun job.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  16. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Do they have a ‘beyond wiener’ yet ?

OldDog52 likes this.
  17. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    Retired
    Sure you’ll be able to cut the mustard, @Richland123? If not, you could always ketchup if it’s something you relish.

18. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Driving that car might make me dog tired though. :woot:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  19. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    Retired
    I hear it’s pretty hard on the buns.

fig, Cheez, S-Bigbottom and 4 others like this.