I finally get it...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by James G. Ellis, Apr 29, 2005.

1. James G. Ellis

James G. Ellis

Jun 22, 2001
    I got a Sadowsky NYC 4 string today, and I just have to say -- I get it, I finally get it.

To understand what I am saying, know this: I gave up a USA Lakland to get it, I have been through Pedullas, Moduluses, Warwicks, old Fenders, new Fenders, Music Man basses...

As a guitar player I have had great vintage Gibsons, Fenders, Gretsches, great Martin acoustics, great Rics, all sorts of unbelievable instruments in my hands...

and the Sadowsky is the finest thing I have ever played, much less owned.

Now I am not prepared to be buried with it, because I have yet to use it in a band setting, which is where it MUST do it for me. But it is gorgeous (blue with quilted maple top and white pearloid pick guard on a swamp ash body with a maple neck) and has the active/passive tone control option.

This is the easiest playing instrument I have ever played and offers the greatest balance between very light weight and incredible tone. I can actually imagine going four sets with this one without my shoulder arguing with me later.

Anyhoo, I will post pics as soon as possible, but I finally get it!

James :hyper:
  2. Your a lucky man, itll be a while before i can afford one.
  3. Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    yes congrats on the sadowsky!
  4. Welcome to the club!!!!!

The weird thing is no matter how many people I talk to about Sadowsky it usually takes playing a couple to finally "get it"....

5. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    It's not true untill pics. :ninja:
  6. What he said.. :bassist:
  7. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    pix,pix,pix no pix..not believe it
  8. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    Another happy Sadowsky owner, and another day I must quell my murderous rage!

Congrats on the new bass. A Sad PJ is something I'm very keen on aquiring in the future.

Hope to see pics soon!

9. Lucky person. I am yet to see half the basses you listed in your post.
  10. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    That's funny. It's taken me about 5 months for me to "get it" with my Sadowsky. I finally was brave enough to adjust the action on the bass to my liking after it left the hands of the boys in Brooklyn and I had to really go through some amp settings for me to find "the tone" that I was after. I don't think that my sadowsky (maybe other people's sadowskys are) is as plug n' play great as people make them sound. However, I think it's probably the nicest bass i've owned in terms of fit and finish. There really is something to be said about the Sadowsky mystique. I still don't think it's as comfortable as my Lakland in terms of how the neck feels, but it has a unique feel of overall quality and it's own sound that I really really like now. So congrats to all on owning an incredible bass guitar.