I finally gig-tested my Crest CA9 .

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Arthur U. Poon, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Wow! The CA9 did a great job last weekend. :) I used my Roscoe 6-string on Friday's gig and my P-Bass on Saturday's gig. I used only one side of the amp. I never had to run it's gain past 1/2, and I was plenty loud. It gave me lots of clean volume without clipping/distortion.
    I can't wait until I can afford a cabinet that does my Roscoe's B-string justice. I even noticed my Ampeg BXT410HL cab was moving a lot more air than with my previous amp.

- I love when an amp makes my pantlegs flap! :D

Yes, the CA9 weighs quite a bit more than my previous amp, but that's why I own a hand truck.

Phase one -Read Purity preamp
    Phase two -Crest CA9

Phase three coming at tax refund time!
  2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

La la la la, I can't hear you! (trying to avoid hauling extra weight :D )

Congratulations, you are 2/3 of the way to heaven. I look forward to hearing about Phase 3 (don't spoil the surprise!)

P.S. Not to hijack the thread, but I did something incredibly geeky last week: bought replacement light jewels for my Purity. In addition to pale blue, I now have greenish-blue, purple, and red! :p

Fender amp jewels @Guitar Stop
  3. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Fuzzbass! Getting different colored amp jewels is a great idea! :cool:

I have quite the wait for Phase 3 :crying:. I won't spoil the surprise because I'll change my mind several times before zero hour. But the three main cabs I'm looking at right now are:

1. Bergantino HT322

2. Accugroove El Whappo

3. Schroeder 410

I talked with Jim Bergantino (nice guy!) today about the HT322. It's currently my first choice.

Thanks, Art
  4. TimmyP

Nov 4, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have not had the opportunity to hear any of those boxes. The best of the boxes I have heard is by acmebass.com . Much better than the Aguilar, Ampeg, Eden, Hartke, Hughes & Kettner, PV, SWR, Trace, and what ever else I am forgetting.
  5. i played a 310 when i first played an HT-112. it's a lot better than most 410s, but i'd rather have an HT/EX stack than a 310.

6. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Bergie HT322 is even punchier yet equally refined as the 310 (which is discontinued). I have the Bergie HT322 and it will take everything I throw at it. I even run it with no PA support outdoors!
  7. Congrats on CA9. I wish I would have had mine while I still had my 322, probably would still have it.... :rolleyes: But my two Mini Bergs are my all time favorite (like nobody new that..) and although I usually use my WWU with the little rig the CA9 cranks the little fellows too along with my juicey NV610. No matter what you pick it should be great. Have tons of fun.
  8. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    Never tried a CA9, but I presently have a ST2000 which sounds damn good. Has anyone tried both? If so what differences did you notice?
  9. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I've owned two of the three (have not yet even got to hear any of the Accugroove).

The HT322 is a really great cabinet.

The Schroeder 410 just pushes more of my personal tone buttons (plus it is apprx. 20 lbs lighter, more compact in size, more efficient, & better sound projection).