1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I finally got a good job!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Uncle K, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    It was a 4 month process consisting of an application that took me 10 hours to complete, a multiple choice test, 2 interviews, fingerprints, background check, and a drug test. I got the word today that everything checks out so I just have to complete a medical assessment (no big deal: can I see, hear, bend over, climb ladders, etc.) and I will be employed by the USPS.

I've been working full time for 23 years and never made more than $2 over minimum wage, but soon I'll be doubling my income. I can finally get my license back, buy a car, and of course some new gear (I'm thinking a couple of GK neo 15's and an MB500 head). I'm super-excited about this and just wanted to share.

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Very sweet!

3. Martin89

Martin89

Nov 8, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Unofficial Endorser: Ibanez, D'Addario, Zoom
    Awesome, I am on my way to a better job as well. Unfortunately I am being held up by the hours by the interim job on completing the training I need for the good job. I know a lot of folks at the USPS, enjoy it, good benefits. Congratulations!

4. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
    USPS? You will always have that good job!

5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I sure hope that is true. Government jobs are not as sure as they once werre because of our budget problems.

OP, I don't mean to rain on your parade. I certainly wish you all the best!:)

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Way to hum, man. Congratulations!

7. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    I've heard about the hiring freeze and the Post Office cutting the Saturday delivery, but I've also noticed that they are getting more into package delivery. After all FedEx and UPS are busier than ever with online markerting. Heck, even Greyhound is delivering packages now.

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yeah, lots of good people have gone postal!

9. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    51JLZShSC1L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.
    Congratulations!

10. Martin89

Martin89

Nov 8, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Unofficial Endorser: Ibanez, D'Addario, Zoom
    Most of the people I know are military so they seem like the normal ones there. keyword seem ;)

11. Very nice! That job should be nice and secure!

Peace,
    Greg

12. Congrats