I finally got a job!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Jan 18, 2003.

1. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's right. It's social work so it doesn't pay all that much but it's something and it's kinda cool. I'm going to be a case manager for a group around here called Communities in Schools. They are an organization that works out of all the local schools and helps underprivileged kids. Basically our purpose is to try and help and encourage the kids that qualify for the program at all grade levels so that they will eventually graduate and have more of a chance in life. Most of the students are ethnic minorities and many of them are from somewhat poor families. They are usually in the program because they have either academic or behavioral problems.

Anyway..that's too much info. I'm working with 6th to 8th graders and I met a lot of them today. I went for a final interview and accepted the job. Seems like it's going to be fun (except for the enormous amount of paperwork involved).

So that's my story...maybe I can become a supporting member soon since I'll have an income that's slightly less paltry than my substitute teacher pay. Time to start hacking away my credit card debt now too!

Just thought I'd share the news. Later!

brad cook
  2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    SWEET! A JOB!!

Now can someone tell me what this "Job" is?:confused: :confused: :confused:
  3. deadweeds

Oct 28, 2002
    Harbor Beach,MI
    That's pretty neat...not only do you have a job and making money...you're making a difference in kids lives...:)
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Great news, Brad. Sorry it doesn't pay as well as you would like, but it sounds like a great job.
  5. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    awesome! I work with kids everyday in my job and solid role models help a lot. Congrats and good luck.
  6. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Kids shmids....I'm all about the money!! ;)

brad cook