Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I finally got a real band

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Well yall..
    after 3 months of debating with my 2 best friends.. we are finally starting a band.. Thank you holy jesus! lol
    We just need a lead singer... preferably someone with a 2 or more octave vocal range.. and thats hard to come by hear... the only key people down here can sing in. .is out of key..
    anyway.. We have a good jazz/rock guitarist and a drummer who ive been friends with since i was 10.. hes a year older than me... and hes one of the best.. ive EVER heard.. and this is coming from a drummer... 17 peace kit in his room.. but ya know ;) as long as its tasteful..
    and then me on bass. We are mostly gonna play stuff like... Zeppelin, Tool, older Iron Maiden(yay!), older metallica, some megadeth and maybe.. a rush song or something.. Im happy! woot!..

We still haven't figured out a name for this thing yet.

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Congrats! May I suggest The Headless Cockamamies?

3. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Nick Nick Nick.

We gotta talk. If the thread is music-related, in any way, even if it's not bass, it doesn't go in Off Topic.

This would go in Miscellaneous. You see, it's because it's related to music, but it's not about a bass, an amp, strings, pickups, technique, tablature, general instruction, and it's not humorous, nor is it a gig story. So, alas, it's in Miscellaneous.

4. lowb

lowb

Jul 27, 2000
    London, UK
    Well if we're aloud to suggest names for ya, hows about "Pelvic Pain Effect"

Nice one have fun :cool:

peace

5. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    woot thanks for the replys lol
    sorry jazzbo.. i didn't know quiet where to put this ..
    We actaully were thinking of calling the band Spiral.... not sure thuogh i talked to the guitarist today.. anyway we still gotta find that lead singer =X this is gonna be hard...
    a Robert plant, James hetfeild, Dave mustane and manyard keenan.. all in one.. hmm well at least someone who sounds good singing that kinda stuff and can sing those songs....."movin on up.. to that big apartment.. la la la" *sings jeffersons theme*

6. Char-Lee

Char-Lee

Aug 29, 2002
    Spokane, WA
    Hey good luck with your band do you have any mp3 yet, check out my band www.selflesmusic.com later