i finally got around to it

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by VIHBASS, Jun 21, 2003.

1. i worked on my harley all day today and completly got it down to the motor tranny i expect to get the motor and tranny off this week and hopefull have it all back together as soon as possible,i will show a before and after shot this was how it looked this morning
  2. I always wanted a Harley...

meh,I think I should get my liscence first:)

3. Coolios.

What's the plan man? Resto?
  4. heres what i did so far
  5. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    The real question is "When are you going to get around to coming to Altoona again?". I'm almost 21 so I'll be able to check you guys out. Of course, I might be moved to Hazleton by then.
  6. When ever I get on a bike I feel like a piece of chuck about to be ground into hamburger, even when it's not running. Just don't go out for midnight joyrides! Waking the neighbors, stealing lawn gnomes... you crazy kids and your tom-foolery.

heh, good job... have fun.
  7. hey liquid i dont think we will be back out to altoona this year yet, were booked right through,when you get around hazelton give me shout thats not far from us at all, sterling is from hazelton originally,hows your band doing anyways
  8. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Cool VIH, I really like what I've seen of Hazleton so far. It kind of reminds me of a less yuppie infested State College.

My band was having trouble finding a lead guitarist, and it became obvious I was going to have to move to Hazleton so I had to bail. :( I'm not really sure what the others are doing. I know they go and jam with Felix Kos every once in a while. Sucks though, causing I really dug playing with them. Oh well, I believe that things happen for a reason.
  9. motor comes off tonight
  10. old Harleys, and old Fenders ![​IMG]
  11. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    How's it going so far?
  12. i ran into some problems tonight,i cant figure out how to get the primary chain off,so i can get to the tranny ,my main problem is the motor turns when i try and loosen the nut on the crank,nice bike chopper
  13. There shouold be a timing chain tension adjuster to loosen the primary chain. Once the chain is loosened you can go to the primary hub. If you have a air impact wrench use it in reverse. If by hand you will need to put a rag or a teflon wedge on the timing gear side to stop the motor from turning until you can get the primary hub off
  14. thanks chopper im gonna try and get it off tonight with your idea about using a rag on the timeing gear side,why does the chain have to be loose to do this just wondering ,i will loosen it tho,i had already loosened that last night and got the clutch hub apart,the reason i am taking this stuff off is because i want to send the motor out to be rebuilt and im gonna put a five speed tranny with an open primary,like i said i have never done this before ,my mechanical experinece is that ive worked on cars since i was a young kid with my brother in law who builds street rods,i have put motors and trannys and rears in cars,i have the mechanical ability its just i dont have all the knowledge of how this stuff works on bikes,im jujst takin my time and got everything in order,so far what ive taken off i can put back together,im all in it now theres no turning back,i do need to take some time and practice my bass tho that has been lacking since i started on this project
  15. It's fun getting the no-going-back part :)

I just put tapered steering head bearings on mine. I haven't had much else to do to it...other than making an entire body for my bike....lol
  16. [why does the chain have to be loose to do this just wondering]

when the primary chain is under tension you might damage the hub,or its bolt holes when trying to remove them. The open drive's are very sharp. Im sure tufnuts can be of more help than I. Good luck!