Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I FINALLY GOT IT!!!! MY ORANGE!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Creep, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Creep

Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    Well, after about 5 months it finally came. :hyper: My Orange AD200B...This thing is the real deal. It has a sweet tone that gives you the chills and the sound is so full it makes you dizzy. If you want this thing can also be very freakin loud. For those of you who are concerned that there is only 5 knobs on this thing don't be. You can get a varity of quality sounds. I just cant say enough about this amp. However, (side note) I will never, NEVER do business with the retailer I purchased the amp from. Just in case your wondering I run the Orange with the SVT Classic Ampeg cab.

http://www.orangeamps.com/ :D

2. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

3. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Congrats. Looks like quite the head (I also love the simple yet effective design).

4. Who did you say you got it from?

5. Creep

Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    I got it from the "Amp Shop" in Sherman Oaks, CA. :spit: aka thebassexchange.com. If the amp wasn't so killer I would of just walked out.

6. Ah, I live on the other side of the country so I dont think I'll have to worry about that. Nice score man, those amps look awesome! I didnt know they made cabs. They have a 1x15 and 4x10 bass cab. Interesting.

7. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    Orange...you luck devil. Welcome to tubesville. We glow we glow so off to work we go... :bassist:

8. Creep

Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    Thanks vacman, glad to be a part...this amp is the Holy Grail of amps...

9. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Gotta love it when that happens. Congrats!

10. Creep

Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    bump

11. Congratulations, Creep. Got any sound clips? How heavy is the head?

12. I'm gonna answer one of my own questions here. The Orange site says the AD200 is 24kg, which is approximately 52lbs.

13. Creep

Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    Sorry, no sound clips yet. I'm going to try and get some stuff soon...

14. Jarrod

Jarrod

Jan 1, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA

what happened? this is the first time i've ever heard of someone having a problem with Amp Shop

15. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Yeah, I'm curious too. They're usually pretty friendly over there.

16. Creep

Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    Justin over there is really cool and very friendly. However there is another cat over there (I believe he is a manager or owner of some type) was a real donkey! First off, I had to debate with him over what I owed versus my deposit which turned out to be his error. Secondly, I was unaware of their policy that they do not take checks (this was after I waited 5 months and drove 2 hours to get there to pick it up) and he didn't even offer to try and work out any options with me or even aplogize for the "misunderstanding" instead he proceeded to tell me how it was my fault and that I should of called and told them I was planning on writting a check. Side note: Last time I checked a written check was a legal contract binding the purchaser to pay the purchasee the promiced amount. So I call my (sperated) wife on the phone to use her credit card number, wrote it down, and he accepted that...which is even more risky in my opinion. He was unable to answer any technical questions I had about the amp. and then as I was leaving he wouldn't let park my truck close to the shop to load the amp nor did he offer to help me carry it the 2 1/2 blocks I had to go to get to my truck while tending to my 3 y/o son. I had just spent $2,000.00 and got treated like crap! There are more details of my adventure but this is getting kinda long.

17. Jarrod

Jarrod

Jan 1, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    i don't want to perpetuate too much drama here, but briefly:

yes, a check is a legal contract, but if it bounces, it can still be very difficult to squeeze the money out of the person, so i don't blame them for not accepting a personal check for $2,000. I wouldn't either! That's a lot of money to cross your fingers and gamble on, and you know how flaky musicians can be ;)

and yes, taking a credit card number over the phone is sketchy as far as fraud possibilities go... but in the case that a fraudulent number is given, the retailer is still guaranteed his money. It's the credit card company that will swallow the cost. He's just trying to protect his business, and i can't say i blame him there either.

misunderstandings + tempers = sucky situation for both of you

at least you got your amp in the end! :)

18. Creep

Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    Good point Jarrod and I agree that the check thing is just kinda the icing on the cake (oh and the check was only for the balanced owed approx $800.00) I was more upset at the customer service I recieved. You know something is out of wack when you get better service from G.C. than these "specialty" places... and I understand him protecting his business but at the same time a tact goes along way. Like you said, I got the amp...(but I still think that guy is a donkey) :D

19. good luck with the amp!
    real amps glow in the dark! :)