I finally got my SWR Mo' Bass!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mo' bass, Nov 27, 2000.

1. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    I finally got my SWR Mo' Bass. (I've been waiting since April...) Man, this thing is cool!!! I'm going to gig with it tomorrow and friday, we'll see how that goes. The clean sound of this amp really lets the sound of my bass get through and the effects are amazing.

Any questions??, feel free to ask!!!

Mo' Bass

2. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    I'm looking forward to a full report.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Me too! Give us a full review!

Ther 2 times I have tried to demo one they sold it before I got there.
  4. noweapon

Feb 10, 2000
    I got mine a couple days ago with the Megoliath cab!!!! I think you will agree that this amp DOES NOT SUCK!!!!! I got a good deal @ GC on the floor model that only the manager and one customer played. It came down to the Mo'bass and the SM-900. with the sm-900 being about $500 more after he took $150 off the Mo'bass. The whole rig, with a wireless system and a 4-space road case cost $2575. I highly recommend you rack mount the unit....

All I can say is that when I run this baby in mono, with the Mo-eq bass knob set to max I move the earth!!!. This thing is incredible. I'll post pictures of my new rig in a couple days. Hey Mo...What kind of setup are you pushing with that awesome new head of yours???
  5. I'm flying back to VA in December and I hope my friend's store has that rig.I can't wait to try it out so I can hear what you're raving about.Looking forward!!!
  6. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Hey Willie, where is this friend's store? I'm in Charlottesville where there is exactly zero music shops, and I've been meaning to find one near me.
  7. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    Richmond Music Center has one. At least a few weeks ago they did.
  8. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Guys, you are going to have to wait a little while for the full report. I going to gig with it tonight, write the review tomorrow and post it on thursday.

Noweapon, I have the Mo' Bass in a 4 unit SKB rack case so it's well protected. And obviously I agree, this amp DOES NOT SUCK at all!!!!! I'm running it through 1 SWR SOB on the left channel and 2 SWR Goliath Jr III (8 Ohms each) on the right channel.
  9. noweapon

Feb 10, 2000
    Sounds cool dude! Like I said, i'll post pics on this thread tomorrow sometime so check it out!
  10. This store is all the way down in Virginia Beach.You might have heard of Alpha Music.Sorry,I know that's a bit of a drive.They have a web site,I think it's Alpha Music.com
    I think.Good luck in testing one out.
  11. noweapon

Feb 10, 2000
    OK! here is the new rig....

and here is the family....

I'm going to get a Furman line conditioner/tuner to fit into the single rack space above the amp. The built in lights on the furman will allow me to see what im doing to the amp at low light gigs...
  12. Those two pictures are the same.. or the family is a clone ;)
  13. noweapon

Feb 10, 2000
    OOPS!!! here is the the whole family....

14. I saw the back panel of the Mo'bass in BP... what does the midi-out do?
  15. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I really like the Mo'Bass and I think
    BP did a crap review of it. SWR makes
    some sweet stuff.

Question on Megoliath: I would LOVE to
    play through this monster. But man, I
    have to know, how do you come to terms with
    moving that sucker around? Do you have a
    hearse and 6 frieds to help?

16. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Check out SWR's site, there's an explanation of the amp there.

17. noweapon

Feb 10, 2000

Its actually not bad at all. Its got two big grab handles on the back and lift handles on the bottom, with little wheels on the back corners. You really don't have to lift it much because you end up rolling it around everywhere. when its time to get it in my buddy's the truck, I place it about two feet from the lift gate and just tip it over, grab the bottom handles and slide it in(its got skid rails on the back) I have a 2000 celica hatchback and it actually fits in my car with the two rear seats down. I have to admit though, its quite a chore getting it in there. My next "car" will be a truck. The only thing I wish SWR would have dine is have handles on the sides, becasue its not very easy to shimmie it out of tight spaces...