1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I finally nailed the synth tone from Ginuwine's "Pony"!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Fnord Explorer, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Fnord Explorer

Fnord Explorer

Feb 3, 2008
    Nibiru
    After half an afternoon twirling knobs and tweaking sliders on my Q-Tron+ and my Bass Microsynth I got real close to the tone but it still didn't have that "gagging frog" quality to it that gets everything thumping.

Then, serendipitously, I accidentally bumped my Metal Zone and there was the tone in all it's toad-vomiting glory!

Now I can't wait to transcribe a guitar part and choreograph a routine for a bunch of ugly white dudes to jam this song live. :hyper::hyper::hyper:

2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i figured timbaland sampled an actual frog.

3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Ok, obviously you have a plan, but I still have to ask - Why? I assume that its for humor purposes only. Otherwise, this thread makes me feel all Atozy. atozsmileyfl5. atozsmileyfl5. atozsmileyfl5. atozsmileyfl5. atozsmileyfl5. atozsmileyfl5. atozsmileyfl5. atozsmileyfl5. atozsmileyfl5.

Also, as terrible as that song is, forum rules dictate that you provide clips. ;)

4. Fnord Explorer

Fnord Explorer

Feb 3, 2008
    Nibiru
    I love this song. It's like a guilty pleasure and the ladies love it. It WOULD be purely for humor purposes to break it out live but all of my band's music has a humorous bent (four-chord tributes to wives who can't cook, sea-shanty whaling tunes, etudes to Happy Meal wielding extraterrestrial visitors, new wave laments about Bell's Palsy, etc) and the ladies will be shaking booty.

Once I get it all orchestrated, I'll post a clip for sure!

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Sounds like you should start a Vomcore side project....

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Settings? I run a BSM into an original Q-tron. Like to see what you did there.

7. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Sounds like a keyboard through a talk-box to me...

8. Seriously, it just sounds to me like the "Synth" setting on a BSW, or a Digitech Talker.