1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I finally scored my dream amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by drboyd, Mar 23, 2009.

1. drboyd

drboyd

Apr 20, 2008
    A 1977 Fender Bassman 100, all tube! I'm an old guy, so a Fender Bassman has always been "The Bass Amp" to me. And now I finally have one! :hyper:

As a '77, it's a silverface, but sooner or later I'll find a black face plate for it.

I'm so psyched, I'm just shootin' blue sparks out of my ears!

:D

2. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Hey, leave the silver!

3. drboyd

drboyd

Apr 20, 2008
    How come?

4. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Hi drboyd.

Congratulations on scoring a Fender Bassman 100 head! :)

Played clean, they have a beautiful buttery bottom end good for moderately loud gigs.

But whatever you do, please do not waste your money on the Bassman 100's matching 4X12" cabinet (the big, heavy one with the cross-fire speaker baffle--speakers pointed inwards)!

It's a particle board, CBS-era, right POS!! The one I had buzzed like a beehive when played at louder volumes.

If you do want a matching Fender cab, look for the Fender 2X15" (JBL D-130s I believe) model which was sold with the Dual Showman and the Dual Showman Reverb as a guitar/bass cabinet.

Even then, crank 'er up before you buy to test for 'sonic inconsistencies'. ;)

5. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Original condition = appreciating value.

6. That Bassman 100 will be a great amp, but please keep it original - be proud of what it is and preserve its value. And later series cabs will be much more efficient than the old Fenders - you can do very with them.

7. panaran

panaran

Dec 1, 2008
    does it go to 11?

8. ALL amps go to 11. You just need a fine-tip Sharpie.

9. pics???????