I find it interesting that there are a lot of Warwick Thumbs for sale on ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by peteroberts, Feb 17, 2003.

1. but hardly any other Warwicks. Usually there are a couple Streamers and Fortresses, but usually many more Thumbs than any other. What's the deal?
  2. Lots of people play thumbs in the store, fall in love with the tone, and buy them. After a while, many of these people realize how painful it can be to play the thumb standing up for long periods of time, so they sell them.
  3. a duh thats why you buy a pillow strap from strapp co.

for every problem, there is a :bassist:
  4. I dont mean just hurting your shoulder, i mean there is terrible neck dive and it can hurt your wrist a lot.
  5. I think people use that icon waaaaaaaay too much. It doesnt even look like a bass. The neck should be longer and it looks more like a guitarist. The bridge isnt at the end of the body like most basses, its in the midle of the body, like most guitars.
  6. so the Thumb is more of a neck-diver than the others? I used to own a Corvette and it was neck-dive city.
  7. rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    I have a vette and a thumb and don't find either neck divey. Meybe thats becuase I have it pretty high and not hung around my knees. :bag:
  8. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I've never experienced this neck dive thing.
  9. It doesnt happen on all warwicks. I think its just the thumbs because of the extremely short upper horn.
  10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I think Thumbs are up for sale more often because they are the "popular" choice amongst a lot of the newer metal bands, and get purchased because of their star appeal much more than other Warwicks. I've owned a Corvette, and the Thumb does neck dive a lot more than the Corvette did. Neck dive isn't a problem to some people because of the way they play, but if you like the neck with a lot of upward angle when playing, it can be a problem.