Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I Finnally Got Them!!!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Big Ce, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Greetings

I just wanted to share with everyone that I just got my new Sadowsky Strings. IMO I think that these strings definately give DR Hi-Beams a serious run for the money. I no am expert on strings but they are as bright if not brighter that the DR's.

They also have a much smoother feel than the DR's. It appears to me that the are wound much tighter that the DR Hi-Beams, I think thats how I noticed the difference right off. I also hope that they last longer than the DR's, I noticed on my last set of DR's my E string seem to be rather dead, especially during slapping. Maybe it's just me. :meh:

Oh I forgot to mention that I put the new strings on my Marcus Miller Fender Jazz. It still has that Marcus Like sound (and I am no Marcus Miller). :rollno:

If you have tried these strings let me know what you thought of your set and what kind of bass you have and have they improved your sound or not. Also did they give you what you were looking for. Take care stay safe!

Peace...Always
    Big Ce :bassist:
    Marcus Miller Fender Jazz w/ "NEW" Sadowsky Strings
    TUNEBass TWB53 5 String w/ DR Hi-Beams
    Yamaha TRB 1006 6 String w/ Stock Strings

2. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    I was about to have a nearby music shop mail me some DR Hi-Beams, SS, round core, 45-125 to put on my EB/MM Sray 5. They will mail em out for $35, not sure what they usually cost, never seen em at my local GC. Just wondering where you got the sads and for about how much. I have EB med lites on my sray and just wanted to try something different, hopefully better. If you can let me know you thoughts, thanks. ernie

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Did you get Steels or Nickels? I have a set of each and prefer the nickels.... they're very bright, but warmer to my ears than the steels. Both sets are high quality, though... excellent feel and balance.

Same's true for the Sadowsky flats, but those are a very different animal of course!