Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I fixed my truss rod

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by B8ssMan89, Feb 28, 2005.

1. I figuered out what was wrong with the truss rod!!!!!!
    It wasnt broken or anything. The thing was I loosened too much, and needed to be tighten. The neck and truss rod are are in working order! :hyper:

2. Nothing like that feeling is there? :D

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    That sgreat man...

Just out of curiosity, did you really need the 3 different topics on the same subject? :p

4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Apparently, he did. :rolleyes:

5. hehehe.

When I thought I broke it, I just flipped. I didnt know what to do!
    Sorry for the many many threads :smug:

6. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    The calm voice of reason wins again. Yep, you were dead on. Something that all of us need to remember is that it is best to calmly approach every repair project. Rule out the simple solutions first rather than automatically assume the worst.

7. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Oh and frantically posting the same story under different headings only serves to annoy people. In general, people around here are very helpful, but they do tend to get irritated if proper protocol is not observed.

8. Great news!

Although, I'd like to see the results of a couple of repair projects. There was some really interesting material in that last thread about removing fretboards and such.