Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I flirted with a Goth Girl last night...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AltIII, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    Hey guys, what kind of socks do wear. Let's start a whole damned thread about socks. Woo...socks.
    I wear socks with colored stripes at the top, I'm still on the look out for a brand that has a wide selection of colors cause I like to mix and match.

btw, thanks alot...

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Sometimes I wonder if I have enough socks. I work on my feet all day long, and sometimes I wonder if I run out by the end of the week. I mean, I don't want to re-use a pair of socks, that's kind of nasty. I don't really have a large problem losing socks, not much really, but I know I need more. Yet, I can't just go, "okay, I'm going to go out and get more socks at the store now." It's weird. I know that I need the socks, it's just that I can't see making a special trip out just for socks, you know? Then, when I'm out doing other stuff, I forget to get socks. Hmm. Quite a dilemma really.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I have much the same problem too! fortunately there is a sports store in the mall across the street, 2 packs of 12 socks each is like $6 :cool: :D

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah, but I'm in SF, and I would have to hop in the car, cruise down to the shop, look for parking, blah blah blah. Besides, I think it's cheaper to buy them at Mervins or something like that. Don't you think?

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah, but to go to mervin's(or equivalent) I'd have to take the T, that costs $2.50 round trip. Surprisingly there isn't really a low cost general use clothing store in this mall.

6. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    Ditto and my Chuckies eat socks for breakfast, perhaps I should get an insole or something.

7. all the goth girls in my town are dirty ****s...

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Boy i sure get mad when i lose my socks :mad:

thanks to the internet, that won't happen again!
    http://www.funbureau.com/

so guys do you like plain color socks or multicolored ones... do you have any interesting character or sports team on yours?

im an all white socks guy

9. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I have all white socks for the gym, shooting ball, but for work I have to wear black socks. Then, I have multi-colored for going out.

10. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    yeah she was kinda borderline goth/emo, labels aside (which they probably should be anyways) she was pretty cute.
    And don't think I don't see the irony that I was the dude that started the whole "*** is it with the goth/industrial mindset" thread.

btw, robot and Jassbot- you guys gell'n?

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    who are these people hijacking our sock thread?

12. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Tell me more.

13. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    'scuse me? You guys hijacked my "gimme props for flirting cause flirting (much like pimp'n) ain't easy for me" thread.

14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I wear hiking socks a lot, the thick wool keeps my toes warm in frigid boston. I have a couple pairs of soccer socks that I use for...soccer. I don't have many formal pairs, that is those thin checkered ones you sometimes see people wear under suits. Mostly I have white socks, or mostly white with the gray tips.

15. You should have asked for her number if you liked her and thought you clicked.
    There is a chance now you might not see her again...or if you do, someone else might have snatched her up.

IMO, if you think your clicking with someone...then there is no wrong time in asking for a number.

16. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm tell'n you, I ain't gell'n with Helen and Magellan.

17. BTW, i wear wool socks only.

*Edit: i just noticed i spelled socks wrong...im a useless twit. :p

18. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I used Champion model X124-PY White, for a long time. They weren't spectacular, but they certainly got the job done and they were solid and tough and a great value.

But just last year I tried out Champion's new model X-125's--WOW! That's all I can say. They are a huge improvement on the original model. Construction, Slippability, Comfort, and the heel and toe tips are stitched gray; which I think give it a nice subtle aesthetic touch. Plus they maintain the same modest price as my old X-124's! I highly reccommend them to everyone as they are a great sock for the price.

Also, I don't know about everyone else, but I like to write my name on the bottom of my socks, just incase. If I ever need to check, it's very discreet.

19. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    i keep a spare sock on my thang, which we all learned we should do many years back.

alt, i give you props for chattin up a goth chick. i'm super shy too (believe it or not :)) and i know very well what it's like when ya finally get THE NERVE up to talk to a girl you think is hot. can get you high for a couple of days.

if you persue her further be cautious if she starts playing with pins and razors and things.

20. The Urbs

The Urbs

Feb 23, 2004
    MA
    His teeth were made of wool.

For Boston it is mandatory to have a wool sock stash for the winters. Damn these winters... :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.