I forgot....yes it does exist

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sjleland, Mar 19, 2006.

1. sjleland

Nov 12, 2005
    A while back I posted I'd be receiving a yammy bb450 from a friend who didn't want it. So here it is....I got it for $300 with case (and some nachos!) :D

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Nice bass. I'm a sucker for old Yamahas.:)
  3. Man, you're lucky. Getting nachos with it. That's a pretty sweet deal. Were the nachos good?

But seriously, nice bass.
  4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

Reminds me of the first bass I had...it was a Yamaha BB #000 in natural finish...it was a good sounding bass I wish I had it today. I still kinda want one of the new ones...they're pretty sweet with the ol' school style and still sound great!
  5. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    I dig the yamaha body shape, and that's a sweet color for it.
  6. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I typically hate the Yamaha look, but that is actually quite nice! Sweet grab. :cool:
  7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    What kind of nachos? White corn or yellow?

BTW, ice bass.
  8. sjleland

Nov 12, 2005
    I noticed a few minutes ago the inlays, headstock and jazz pickup were different from the current BB414. I don't care about small features like that though, plus the neck on this thing kicks ass, I LOVE IT.

For those asking, they were quite good nachos! served on tostitos scoops with cheese, salsa and chili powder. :D
  9. TheJimster

Feb 21, 2006
    Pensacola, FL
    that's an awesome deal for 300$! I mean the nachos?! But that bass seems like it can rock!
  10. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    $300 for some nachos is too much dinero!!!!

... by the way, the bass looks great!!!:p
  11. mine still pwns yours, Scott.

i want nachos. :[ :crying:
  12. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Your what?
  13. They're just great solid basses those Yammys. My first fretless was a Yamaha BB. At the moment, the body is being paint stripped ready for me to re-finish it. This will involve a blowtorch and some woodstain. Wish me luck !!

Geez, nachos. Bass stores should offer that as an insentive to buy.....
  14. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
  15. oooohh. two Scotts! my bass, but i wasn't talking to you. i was talking to the other Scott [sjleland]