Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I found a camera in the woods (beware 56k)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Last week I drove to a nearby town. The town is surrounded by tall hills and mountains, and you can have a very pleasant hike down any of the numerous trails there. Anyway, I was climbing one trail and enjoying the good weather when I saw what looked like a silver box. When I approached, I saw it was a digital camera!

It's a 3.3 mpixel powershot S20! Slightly scuffed, but otherwise fine. It rained the next day, so I was really lucky to get there when I did. When I got home, I also saw it had a 300 mb hard drive inside! This is like a 300 dollar value folks, I pity the fool who dropped it so carelessly. Anyway, just wanted to share. It also had some nice pictures on it, and I'm putting those up in this thread, hence the photos tag. I don't have my own hosting, so I resized these and compressed them to avoid straining good ol' image shack.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I think some of those are amazing photos. I feel bad for the person who lost them...

Some of those pictures really remind me of Silent Hill...

3. Kinda Blair Witch-y. Makes me wonder what happened to the guy who lost the camera...

4. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    WOW! I love those photos.

5. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    That is definatley a man.

6. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    +1 on both counts.

7. Either hes a stalker, or he caught Bigfoot!

8. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    More again.

I think someone is playing a trick on us. There are very nice still photo's then photos that are blurry from running. Out in the woods at night is bad. I also don't think there are mountains or dense forests in Boston.

9. Moving pictures.

Wow.... those pics stir up emotion of nature's beauty and mystery, wish I could take my wife and son for a hike out there. :)

10. question on the last shot,why would someone take a picture like that? I mean, it appears that the camera was "dropped" but digital cameras don't just go off. Heck, sometimes they don't even take pictures when you WANT them to! They are very nice pics though. =)

11. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Well it looks to me like they just wanted a shot with that particular angle in it. What I want to know is what is the story on those figures in the pictures. I'm curious if someone is just having some fun...

12. That is freaky. I'm thinking of some kinda of paranormal mumbo-jumbo going on. See if you can look up urban legends or something in the area.

Did anyone else noticed the eyes in the pic Sonorous pointed out?

13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  14. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    The ones that erk me the most are the 1st, 3rd, and 4th ones I pointed out.

15. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    lock your doors.

16. this scenario is kinda weird.. what's up with the human looking figures?

17. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

chi chi chi chi ahh ahh ahh oh oh oh

18. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    They aren't just human looking figures, they're definatley something!

19. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Hey tic tacs, what is the name of the town you were in?