Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I found a cool setting on my synth wah.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rancidrancid, Feb 11, 2006.

1. I found this a while ago,and I used it for a little bit until I sold my Digitech Bass Synth Wah. I don't remember what the knobs were at,but I played my brothers Strat through it to my amp,and it sounded like a freaking bass!
    I thought about using that for bass,but then I decided not to.

2. play any guitar through a bass amp, and it will sound bassy.

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    You probably had it at 2 or 7.

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    With the volume at 11.

5. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    guitars through bass amps are fun to mess around with huh? don't recommend it though...

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Why? What does it do to the amp?

7. doesn't the synth wah have an octave feature?

and why not play a guitar through a bass amp? because then guitar players will find out bass amps give a much better tone to guitars than guitars amps do? (IMO they do...it won't hurt the amp or guitar)

8. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    Gordie Johnson and Josh Homme did that for years..... mebbe still do.....

9. did josh homme do that? or did he just use ampeg guitar amps?

10. seventhson

seventhson Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    SRV played through a Fender Bassman as do a number of other blues guitar players.

11. my friend played his guitar through my bass amp when we were jamming at my house once, he was playing SRV blues type stuff, but it sounded good, didnt sound bassy or anything.

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Speaking of digitech bass synth wah, ive switched my setting of prefernce from 1 to 2. They both work for their own things, 1 is good for funky stuff when you want to stand out and have a high-middy synthwah line but the oct-env (2) has those suboctaves and boy is it bassy, this is good for more bassline related lines.

13. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    Yeah, the BSW has a great octave feature.

I don't think running a guitar through a bass amp would hurt it at all though--I do it all the time, sounds awesome. A little tinny guitar through 15" of power, mmm...

-Dash