Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I found a new spot for my Fender Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zirc, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    The trash can.

I just got home from Bass Central in Orlando and I am going to order a Left-handed EB MM Sterling in radiant red with a white perloid pickguard, maple fretboard, and matching color headstock. Should have it in 2-3 months, (before you all nag me) pics of the bass as well as action pics are coming soon of course.

The Sterling is the best modern bass tone played with a pick. The slap and pop on it is also pretty good. The Sterling definitely has the best low-end tone I have EVER heard. One single word that describes the Sterling is "Driving". The Sterling is the perfect mix of low end bass and definition. We tried out tons of basses and there is no better for modern music.

Also, Since Gard is NEVER there when I look at instruments, I'm going to say that Perry is the most helpful emlpoyee in that entire store. I was extremely impressed with Perry's ear and sense of tone. We told him we wanted a modern tone and he pointed us directly to the Eden World Tour 800. Perry's description of everything was right on. I highly suggest talking to him if you have any instrument or tone type questions, he definitely knows his **** and has recorded in professional studios many times.

Anyway, chalk it up on the GAS list:

- Lefty Sterling
    - Eden Navigator Pre-amp
    - Eden 1000W Power amp
    - 2x Eden 4x10s

Hopefully it'll all come in before our Warped Tour date.

Oh and I can record the difference between my Jazz and the Sterling if you guys want.

2. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Well let me be the first one to welcome you to the Musicman family. Sterlings are awsome basses just like Stingray and Bongo, and it sounds like u got a real nice color combo.